Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Grey Temp Change .... odd! Anybody else had this?
    By JMugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-10-2014, 06:32 PM
  2. Colour Change
    By Maggie in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 18-06-2014, 08:46 AM
  3. Ebay say change your password
    By cumbriakevin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-05-2014, 08:50 AM
  4. How to change username
    By Mattie in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 11:36 AM
  5. Can someone please change the Forum time.......
    By Flash in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All change!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All change!!

Hi everyone...

Not exactly new to the game as my wife and I started an embroidery and printing business a few years ago, although I am about to enter a new chapter. After 12 and a half years in the public sector I've decided to move on and see what I can achieve working full time on the business instead of just helping out at weekends. I have given myself 6 months to see if it's a pipedream or a possibility. My background is in Facilities Management and Procurement although I did study fashion design and textiles at college.

As well as sublimation printing we also do vinyl and rhinestones and have a Brother PR650 embroidery machine. If I was starting again I'd go straight for a 3 or 4 head machine but you live and learn. Think I'll be upgrading to an A3 Ricoh before too long.

Just off for a week's holiday near Sherwood Forest with the kids, 2 weeks back at proper work and then all systems go! First few weeks are dedicated to refurbing our workshop - insulating, boarding, plastering and new flooring, etc.

Not sure if it's bold, brave or just plain bonkers but it's definitely exciting!!

James
    Discofish Designs Ltd. |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck.
    I took voluntary redundancy in November from my job of 8 years to give working full time at the business a go. I can honestly say I have never looked back, we got the keys to our first retail unit last week and a due to open to the public from Wednesday. Until you try you will never know but life is about risks. Hope you enjoy your holiday

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have advantage of having a web site and have a feel about the products and knowing how things work, so nearly everything is in your favour. I have a shop and am quite happy with what I do. It has it moments where I do stress a bit at times I have no regrets. Good luck in your new venture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good for you, this is my 5th year of being self employed, and its as scary as hell,and as thrilling as anything i have ever done, my wild dreams of never seeing another spread sheet did not pan out, as i have found i still need to use them - but at least they are mine now and not full of corporate BS :) - enjoy
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the positivity... Have to admit I would be in a state if I couldn't get my excel fix... I do love a bit of visual basic in the mornings!
    Discofish Designs Ltd. |
    |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum James & good luck with the business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck james hope it all goes well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi James, always assumed you did this full time! Welcome along :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi James and welcome to the forum :-) Sounds a bit ambitious testing the water for just 6 months but it should give you a good indication I guess!

Best of luck with everything,

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. If it was 6 months from a standing start I'd say unrealistic rather than ambitious but I hope that it will be enough to know whether I need to start looking for another proper job. My wife, Dawn, already does this full time - well, in between feeding, watering and transporting two preschool children. I usually only get involved with the website, the accounts and when we have tight deadlines to meet. Even if it doesn't go to plan it will still be nice to have a 6 month break from the 3 hours I currently spend commuting to and from London every day!! :)
    Discofish Designs Ltd. |
    |