Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. best day ever today
    By Mattie in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-10-2012, 04:28 PM
  2. You won't believe what happened today!
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-01-2012, 11:24 AM
  3. Bad Day today!
    By Squadron Prints in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 23-06-2011, 11:02 AM
  4. new to here today
    By sinotransfer in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-10-2010, 12:14 PM
  5. on ebay today :)
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Some Shirts Today

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    Are you allowed to use these words on personalised items?

(I'm not trying to stir, I'm just asking for the sake of others who may want to do the same kind of thing.)
    Not at all, I'm glad others can see the 'woods for the trees' as they say.

Last year I did a very stupid thing just because 'I wasn't thinking', but when Brawn GP got on to me, I thought, 'how dull was I?'

I'm looking into the use of Silverstone and Grand Prix but, without spending a fortune in legal expenses, I know I'm not gonna get a definative answer. As my solicitor said, these things can be ambiguous and very much dependent on how the judge interprets the whole scenario.

Grand Prix is used for many other sporting and non-sporting occasions - maybe I should change it to Grand Pricks as that was how my daughter used to pronounce it when she was younger :lol:

I'm gonna try copyright 'Hen Night & Stag Night' :)

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm gonna try copyright 'Hen Night & Stag Night' :)
    :lol: iam going to copright 'please' and 'thank you'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can they copyright a place name though? If you can then I'm going to copyright the name of our village, and everyone will get a bill for payment, or not be allowed to use it :lol: I'm sure the residents of Silverstone don't pay to use this. I would think though if you used the words "Silverstone Circuit" then BRDC could complain.

Sharon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just off to eat my Silverstone sausage

It'll taste just that bit nicer coz I'm breaking the law :lol:
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

:lol: you own me monitor cleaning :lol:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaffacat
    Hi just wanted to say i love the tshirts they are fab, will you be selling them off your website ??

what I wanted to know as a newbie to printing how do you get the printing of multi colours cut out, i take it it isnt sub and that it is printed onto vinyl - what type of vinyl is it and do you then you print onto it using an ink jet printer and then cut it out using a cutter?
    do you need a special printer and ink to do it?

also with the stones do you have to do this at the same time or separate ie: do you press the shirt 1 time with it all on ?

am interested in mainly how you do different print type. just ordered my press and equipment so seeing what I can do to expand the sub work when I get sorted with it.

thanks lisa
    I'll try and reply today with some pictures - haven't had enough time!! :roll:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, this is the process we employ.

We design in a software package called Gerber Omega. We use this as it's designed to match the Gerber Edge FX (the printer) and the GS15 Plus (the plotter).

The Gerber Edge FX is a hot foil printer, overlaying one colour on another gives a third colour, so the possibilities are endless. The vinyl when printed doesn't need laminating. Using foils allows us to print metallics.

So, when we've created the design in a vector format, each object is assigned a colour and whether it's to be cut or just fllled. The design is sent to the Gerber Edge FX and the vinyl is fed back and forth through the printer - it's sprocket fed so very accurate. Each pass requests a particular foil.

Here you can see the vinyl after the final foil has been finished.

This shows a foil after printing to the vinyl.

The sprocketted vinyl is then fed into the GS15 Plus - also sprocketted for accuracy.

Back to the computer and click the cut icon and the plotter starts to cut from the registration mark printed by the Edge FX. Here's a few pictures of the cutter in action.

After weeding away the excess vinyl application tape is applied to lift the design ready for heat pressing.

The rhinestone patterns are created using Roland's R-Wear software and the design is cut on a Graphtec cutter. The process is quite simple.

This shows the stencil after being cut

If you want to know how the rhinestone patterns are created in more detail, check out an post I made some while ago. |Here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22&p=137&hilit=rhinestone#p13 7

John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks John, that is great and looks a fab process/set up - very interesting.

I hope that they sell, they are great

Thanks again Lisa