Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. BMS Strait Bone China Mug.
    By stevepburgess in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-04-2015, 06:19 PM
  2. Bone China mugs from China
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-01-2014, 11:06 AM
  3. bone china mugs
    By cudale in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  4. bone china
    By buzzworx in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 01:47 PM
  5. Bone china sublimation mugs
    By Kaz in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 10:56 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bone China Mug Help

I've been sub printing the BMS Euro mugs for quite some time and been getting on fine. I'm starting to get more requests for bone china mugs though, and have only found the ones with the fluted edges, which I'm not keen on and I've heard are hard to print. I also want to have a backstamp on the mug, but I know I can't do that with a mug press, and it's difficult even with a flat press or mug wrap in the oven.

I would like to use a company to backstamp the mugs for me and then dye sub the outsides myself. Does this mean I will have to apply the sublimation coating myself or should it work regardless? I tried doing a trial onto a sample mug at 170 for 140 secs with the mug in as the temperature increased, but this didn't work at all. Is that because it has no coating?!

Alternatively I read something about vinyls for the backstamp? Can anyone tell me any more about them?

I'm sure it's a really silly question but I couldn't find much help on google! :)
    bone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kvillaweaver View Post
    I've been sub printing the BMS Euro mugs for quite some time and been getting on fine. I'm starting to get more requests for bone china mugs though, and have only found the ones with the fluted edges, which I'm not keen on and I've heard are hard to print. I also want to have a backstamp on the mug, but I know I can't do that with a mug press, and it's difficult even with a flat press or mug wrap in the oven.

I would like to use a company to backstamp the mugs for me and then dye sub the outsides myself. Does this mean I will have to apply the sublimation coating myself or should it work regardless? I tried doing a trial onto a sample mug at 170 for 140 secs with the mug in as the temperature increased, but this didn't work at all. Is that because it has no coating?!

Alternatively I read something about vinyls for the backstamp? Can anyone tell me any more about them?

I'm sure it's a really silly question but I couldn't find much help on google! :)
    bone
    Have replied to your post on facebook, but pasting it here as well for you:
    " If these mugs are specially designed and coated for sublimation then they will be okay, but if they are not coated for sublimation inks then this isn't going to be straightforward. You will need to get these mugs spray coated (like having a car sprayed). This is often done in carefully controlled conditions and not something you can do at home for health and safety reasons and must be done in a dust free environment."