Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just Ģ10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Color Profiling on Sublimation Film & Phone Case
    By g1njeremy in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-02-2015, 11:20 PM
  2. 3d film
    By bigj2552 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-02-2014, 11:29 PM
  3. Where do you buy film?
    By membrane in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-11-2013, 09:50 AM
  4. Help - Problem with printing on sublimation film!
    By olleolle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by membrane View Post
    Right, I currently own both types of machines. Do you have info on how to use film in the membrane type of machine? I'm interested in doing this to save on film. I've tried to use film in the membrane type machine and get bubbles on the top of the case which ruins the print.

Thanks
    We just lay the film over the item (on the puck). As the area is hot the film flops over the product like a wet towel, creating the vacuum seals everything tight. I've not come across any air pockets doing this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you putting the film down on the case, then waiting for it to "melt", then putting down the membrane and starting the vacuum?

Do you have any tips on how to position the film on the case when doing this? I've always had a hard time keeping the film from moving when putting the membrane down and starting the vacuum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by membrane View Post
    Are you putting the film down on the case, then waiting for it to "melt", then putting down the membrane and starting the vacuum?

Do you have any tips on how to position the film on the case when doing this? I've always had a hard time keeping the film from moving when putting the membrane down and starting the vacuum.
    Print image on film, lay blank over printed image (face down to position)... small piece of heat tape to hold (from top, through back and onto bottom of picture). Take blank with film to the puck and clip on. Membrane over...film flops...create vacuum...press over by hand (with heat gloves) to ensure snug encapsulation...close lid...reheat back to 195 degrees C and then start timer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donīt see the point of using film in the membrane machine. Is not the film much more expensive than paper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tite003 View Post
    Donīt see the point of using film in the membrane machine. Is not the film much more expensive than paper?

Yes the film is more expensive, but if you only have a few cases to print it's a good option. Saves a lot of time wrapping and taping cases.

I never got a case to come out good with paper (corners always ended up with fold marks or not printed at all). I never got good at the wrapping/taping on iphones. If you have a good video or instructions on how to properly wrap an iphone with paper, I might give it another go. I've watched a lot of videos, but none really get good results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see... Can I ask where do you buy the 3D film? I tried to find it from Chinese suppliers, but had no luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tite003 View Post
    I see... Can I ask where do you buy the 3D film? I tried to find it from Chinese suppliers, but had no luck!
    I buy my film from IDT in the USA, but I know there are many vendors in China as well. Sun-fly sells it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, last time I asked Sun-fly they didnīt sell it. Will ask again. Cheers! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    When you are using film you should know what kind of temperature your film works best. Matching the film temperature could be a real pain, but the basics are: silver and gold film are thick, so the temperature should be high (over 150 C) and transparent film is medium or thin size (under 150 C). Also I think the reason why the air bubble forms is the jig. If the jig does not match the case properly, air does not circulate evenly and escapes here and there forming bubbles. Are you using aluminum or ceramic jig?
    Anyway, I don't use BMS machine, so I'm not sure how they work, but the information I just told you is basics for any kind of machine. Hope it helps a little:)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information Heather.

Do you know what are the differences between the 3 kinds of film other than the working temperature?