Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Color Profiling on Sublimation Film & Phone Case
    By g1njeremy in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-02-2015, 12:20 AM
  2. 3d film
    By bigj2552 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 12:29 AM
  3. Where do you buy film?
    By membrane in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-11-2013, 10:50 AM
  4. Help - Problem with printing on sublimation film!
    By olleolle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The differences are:

Quote Originally Posted by Tite003 View Post
    Thanks for the information Heather.

Do you know what are the differences between the 3 kinds of film other than the working temperature?
    From what I've heard, the white/transparent film can be used for both silicone and plastic cases, while the silver and gold film work only to print plastic cases. And the price makes the difference too. The cheapest one is the gold film, from China. The silver and transparent films are more expensive and made in Korea. I have never tried all of them to see the difference, but my supplier insists on transparent film and after reading some of the posts here, it seems that the gold one makes a lot of problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Hi,
    When you are using film you should know what kind of temperature your film works best. Matching the film temperature could be a real pain, but the basics are: silver and gold film are thick, so the temperature should be high (over 150 C) and transparent film is medium or thin size (under 150 C). Also I think the reason why the air bubble forms is the jig. If the jig does not match the case properly, air does not circulate evenly and escapes here and there forming bubbles. Are you using aluminum or ceramic jig?
    Anyway, I don't use BMS machine, so I'm not sure how they work, but the information I just told you is basics for any kind of machine. Hope it helps a little:)
    What I figured out was the film is getting air under it because it is curved from being on the roll. Not sure what I can do to remedy that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some of each type (transparent and silver)...

What I can tell you is they were about the same price per roll. The silver is definitely better than the transparent film. The transparent film is a lot more susceptible to bursting during vacuum process. It also seems to mold better into the curves for better printing.

I have not tried the gold film but I have some samples here I plan on testing at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by membrane View Post
    What I figured out was the film is getting air under it because it is curved from being on the roll. Not sure what I can do to remedy that.
    I don't know about that, but I guess, you could try putting something flat and heavy on the film to straighten it before printing. Regarding, the silver film you mention is the best...if it works for you, it means is good, but I wouldn't make it a general case. For me transparent film gave me good results and I think the machine temperature and vacuum power is important too. And the film storing conditions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D Film

Hi
    I saw your post regarding types of film...what type of Vacuum Press do you use?
    I am using the ST-3042 Red Machine and it is new. Do you know what type of film is best for this machine and polymer products?
    thank you for any help!

What I can tell you is they were about the same price per roll. The silver is definitely better than the transparent film. The transparent film is a lot more susceptible to bursting during vacuum process. It also seems to mold better into the curves for better printing.

I have not tried the gold film but I have some samples here I plan on testing at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatheway View Post
    Hi
    I saw your post regarding types of film...what type of Vacuum Press do you use?
    I am using the ST-3042 Red Machine and it is new. Do you know what type of film is best for this machine and polymer products?
    thank you for any help!

Do you have a picture and a link to the machine? The machine I have was bought from Italy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using the korean transparent 3d film and never had a problem with the film its self....getting it lined up is another story...
    prints crisp and good colours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3d Film

Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    using the korean transparent 3d film and never had a problem with the film its self....getting it lined up is another story...
    prints crisp and good colours
    I will give it a try! thank you...you are doing mostly phone covers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatheway View Post
    I will give it a try! thank you...you are doing mostly phone covers?

ONLY phone cases :-) - well odd mug...but 99% phone case
    Last edited by bigj2552; 17-05-2014 at 07:35 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.