Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Second show over
    By AJLA in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 11:58 PM
  2. first show for us as well
    By jennywren in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 11:34 AM
  3. First Show
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 01:59 PM
  4. show off??
    By Paul in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 25-09-2011, 10:02 AM
  5. NEXT BIG SHOW
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show Stands....(Show us yours)

This follows in from another thread which went a bit off topic about show stands - well, our new Marquee has arrived for our summer shows so I thought I would post up some piccies and show you lot what its like when we're all set up and sign written etc.

10:30am and 12 boxes arrived, the marquee is 6m x 4m and the top-end PVC version from GalaTent. I'm putting it up on my own this morning in 28degrees so progress is a little slow as i really dont do HOT!!

Frame up and roof on, we've got the optional ground bars and tie down kits too so no need for guy ropes etc and it will be very stable and safe:

20130715_134105 (Medium).jpg20130715_134059 (Medium).jpg20130715_133632 (Medium).jpg

Its pretty big, I can fit my car in it without any problems (a handy workshop perhaps in the winter!!) Sides to go on tomorrow and ends too then I'll start signwriting it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my stall can be 10ft square, 10ft by 15ft, 15ft by 10 ft, 10ft by 20ft, 20ft by 20ft. Which means I can fit in anywhere and it also means that I can have as much going back as I want. Which is good. It also has built in tables, and underneath there is a system for me to put my boxes so that if I am in a field, or if rains, they will not get wet.

The very thought of using anything as flimsy as a gazebo or a gala tent is now very removed from any of my thoughts after seeing so many trashed, yes and a LARGE number of them were Gala Tents, one cost over £1000.00.

The stall is to my own design, and although I have only had it out a few times since it was delivered, it has stood firm whilst I watched others blow over!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, I bet the ones that were trashed were not like mine. There is no way if it was put up properly it would come down. They do make cheap nasty garden gazebos too but this is far from that. This one can be adjusted in 2m sections so I can have it 2m, 4m, 6m, 8m, 10m or 12m just by adding or removing bars and side panels.

Gala tents are used by all the big pub chains and a number of other large organisations all year round without problems :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they were not like yours, but they had Gala Tent printed on them, and yes even when put up properly they will blow over and will get damaged, sorry and all that but I have had years of different tents, gazebos, marquees etc. All are prone to being blown over. I have even seen them with big stakes in the ground and they have still blown over.

The one I mentioned earlier costing over £1000.00 had masive legs and that too had great big stakes in the ground and went over in the wind and buckled the legs, so it ended up as £1000.00 of scrap metal!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooo i like it, be nice to see it all kitted out! What you use for power? a genny?
    I have a short attention span.... HEY LOOK A PLANE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We trade outside and we have large double tent made to order with weights and stakes and frames, on average windy day we have seen lots of tents gazebos, marquees blown over, ours never has, it sounds as though james990 has a similar tent as to us, and he is right abut being most tents prone to blown over and as far as I can see your legs (tents) have no weights to hold it down, I do think that you might struggle a big in bad weather

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope these come out alright. This is set up as a 10ft by 10ft but as I said it can go to 20ft by 20ft. I have pinched these pictures from the people who made the stall for me.

It take about 20mins max to put up, including all metal, table boards and cover

It is a very very simular design from when I was a market trader many, many years ago. And no, I don't even need leg weights either! Mind you I do have tiedowns on standby!!!

James

Stall1.jpgStall2.jpgStall3.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jenny,

My legs dont need weights, all sections bolt together, each foot has 2 stakes holding it down and we have an additional 8 tie down straps which ratchet onto massive ground stakes. We can add corner weights too but I can be pretty confident they wont be needed! There are also guy ropes which are supplied but arent on should they be required.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzul View Post
    Ooo i like it, be nice to see it all kitted out! What you use for power? a genny?
    Depends where we are, some provide power, others we take a silenced "computer safe" genny.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some places don't allow any gennies, and some charge a fortune for power!