Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nas

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Been looking at the Synology units which do look good but I'm getting the feeling the software won't be as user friendly, they seem to concentrate on the hardware in write ups but not found much about the software. Deffo using Red drives and will probably just get pre-built as this seems a better option. The WD software looks really good but I'm a little concerned over previous comments, all be it on older units :-)

Will be used to backup several PC's off site, I appreciate speed issues with this but not masses of data once initial backups are complete and hopefully it will be incremental thereafter.

edit: I was looking at an add on Synology unit hence no software discussion doh :-(
    Last edited by Justin; 01-06-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Will be used to backup several PC's off site
    Off site as in on a different network altogether, and accessed through the internet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, currently using Crashplan for this but would like to use the nas to replace this function, just need a backup from each pc.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to know how you get on with this if you do go ahead with it. It might not be too bad if you've got a decent upload speed on both internet connections, and your only backing up relatively small files?

I know for the file sizes I'd be looking to backup, offsite would not be feasible with our upload speed.