Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you use software like this?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Similar Threads

1. Website product design software/modules etc.
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 14-08-2015, 03:20 PM
  2. New set up what is the best design software?
    By Reading-Print in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-04-2015, 11:12 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 07:34 AM
  4. Online design software
    By parada print in forum Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

New product design software - Demo Video

*** edit: working OpenCart demo now live here http://co9trol.com/e_print/index.php?route=common/home ***

Couldn't decide whether to post this in New Products or Website section...so I've put it into General! :-)

OK, bit of a teaser and an exclusive for the DSF. This is a short demo video of a new product not yet released on the market. It's a product design program that generates an instant 3D preview image.

I'm not going to say much more at this stage other than I've been testing this software for a while now and I think it's head and shoulders above anything else I've ever seen, I'm very impressed with it and I'm working with the designer to make it a top notch product...anyway that's enough from me. Let me know what you think, be great to get your comments and start a discussion here! I'm in a pretty good position to answer all queries so please direct any questions here.

Please complete the poll once you've seen the video :-)

Last edited by Justin; 23-09-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added demo link
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (24-05-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very interesting...some questions...

Is it flash or HTML5 based?
    Will it be a hosted or self-host service?
    What ecommerce shops will it work with (one assumes Magento??)
    Can you change a prouct half way though designing it? (ie from iphone 5 to 4?)
    What is the output? (JPG/PDF?)
    What is the cost, is it a licence, per item? monthly? one off?
    How do you set up templates for products?
    Can you add your own products or is it limited to pre-added?

Thats all for now....more to come no doubt!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Initial thoughts are I think it is superb.

SMO has put some good points there but I have one that I would like to ask...

When you click on "Add to Cart" what does it do?
    Ideally you want it to save an image of the 3D render and also a high resolution image for the printer to use to print from

One last thing, if you are going to be selling this I would recommend you use your own images on the demo and not copyrighted ones :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol, no problem, great questions!

Flash based I believe, written in XML.
    Both options are available, hosted and self-host.
    Magento and Opencart integration will be available.
    Yes, you can change product mid way, from a mug to a phone cover, from one phone cover to another etc. and the images remain.
    PDF and PNG outputs will be available.
    Cost wise, the intention is to have a monthly charge and there will be a tiered system depending on the customers needs. I'm still discussing prices at the moment but can see from other systems that I've been testing it will be considerably cheaper (and far better) A perpetual licence is also available at a one off cost.
    Templates can be added, i.e. if you have a range of existing frames (and you have permission to use them in this way) then they can be added to the software.
    From what I've seen, pretty much all the products you could need are already set up but setting up new templates isn't a big problem and can be done quite quickly. The tier system may see different products added depending on the purchase level but again this is flexible and can be added to.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is flash based it wont wont on any apple products such as iphone or ipad?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Simon,

I agree, it really is superb and runs a dream. I will be able to let you all have a play with a limited version very soon so you can see how good it is for yourselves :-)

Click to Cart generates a high res image which can be automatically stored on your own server/host etc. or called for remotely. This image is then suitable for print. I believe that a bleed can also be incorporated at this stage so the image really is print ready :-) I'm not aware that it can save a 3D image here, I guess the idea is the customer has already seen how it will look before they add to cart.

Completely agree about the images and will feed this back to the designer :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smo View Post
    If it is flash based it wont wont on any apple products such as iphone or ipad?
    It does run on my iMac, I will have to check exact requirements and get back to you on that one :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOh, and most importantly - when can we get our hands on it???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Patience my friend! lol. As I say, I've had a version for a while now. I'll be able to let you have a play with a hosted version very soon, it will be a somewhat limited version to start with....teasing you further still, but you'll see just how good this is :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noooooooooooo, I dont have patience. I've tried and tested many solutons for this over the past year, some good, some not so!