Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpress (Adkins) studio or DF1?
    By Cd1986 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 10:12 PM
  2. Free 5 Red Shoulder Bags Xpress XP9050
    By benwilliamson in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 07:54 PM
  3. Lots of these for sale Xpress Mug press
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 01:41 PM
  4. xpress sub paper
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-11-2011, 11:39 PM
  5. For Sale 4 Xpress sublimation T.shirts
    By rossikey in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yolo v TMT v xpress v etc

Hi having used most companies I'm tending to favour YOLO at the moment because when it comes to purchasing transfer papers they will sell you a packet of papers in 3's 10's and 100's where a lot of the other companies only sell in 100. At over £75 a throw buying in 10's is a perfect solution.
    personally I'm finding YOLO,s papers very good indeed and after trying the new 2 paper no weed laser transfers I'm now converted.

Whats your opinion folks? Am I missing any other companies that sell good papers in reasonable quantities?

Dave

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave

Are you using the DIGI TRANS from YOLO? My concern with that particular paper is the washing instructions "machine was cold and dry at low heat settings" We all know that customers never read washing instructions so I would be worried that it washes off. Have you found or tested this paper?

I would love to find a no weed paper for light garments that has a decent washing capability and durability but I do not think it is out there yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.yolo.co.uk/image-clip-las...paper-99-p.asp

this stuff, they sent me a sample, I did myself a tshirt which looks great but yes it needs a wash yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But there does seem to be so many different types, I'm getting confused myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Interested in keeping this thread going. I'm looking at the different Yolo papers to see which would work best for me and would like feedback.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recieved some samples from xpres today so will give them a go. Done a few vests for my son using ttc which I like very much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did a wee job recently which was for 200 heat transfers to the back of some white garments. This particular job was for a one off day promotion for a high profile customer in London. I did the job last year and they complained about the square outline left by TMT laser transfer paper. Personally I thought it looked the nuts and was well above the standard I expect, but as we all know they do leave a residue behind even on the non printed areas.

So this year I told them that what they want is achievable but I can not guarantee the durability of the product. They did not seem to mind so I used Exactprint by Target. The finish of the item was superb, no residue or outline of the paper left and just the print was transferred. Unfortunately I used every single sheet for the job so was unable to get a sheet printed and in my washing machine.

I think I will be ordering more of this stuff as it does transfer nice but would be interested to see if anyone else has tried it and if so how does it hold up to washing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm looking into testing more of the inkjet papers, are these as good as the laser ones?

Got an order ready to go through for a new SunAngel system but really need A3 capability as well.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I did a wee job recently which was for 200 heat transfers to the back of some white garments. This particular job was for a one off day promotion for a high profile customer in London. I did the job last year and they complained about the square outline left by TMT laser transfer paper. Personally I thought it looked the nuts and was well above the standard I expect, but as we all know they do leave a residue behind even on the non printed areas.

So this year I told them that what they want is achievable but I can not guarantee the durability of the product. They did not seem to mind so I used Exactprint by Target. The finish of the item was superb, no residue or outline of the paper left and just the print was transferred. Unfortunately I used every single sheet for the job so was unable to get a sheet printed and in my washing machine.

I think I will be ordering more of this stuff as it does transfer nice but would be interested to see if anyone else has tried it and if so how does it hold up to washing.
    Just looking at videos on Exactprint, looks very good Simon. Is this just for lights though?
    Last edited by Justin; 05-09-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm looking into testing more of the inkjet papers, are these as good as the laser ones?
    No where near. I did a job that was 500 odd transfers and decided to purchase some cheap ink jet paper from ebay. very disappointing results and would never use it again.

Got an order ready to go through for a new SunAngel system but really need A3 capability as well.
    I can give you a good price on some Soldark (from TMT) print and cut if you want. The transfers are slightly thicker than the WOW paper but still pretty thin. Am just thinking that it will give you time to asses your requirements. If you are like me, making decisions when you have orders siting there is not the best time to make them.

Just looking at videos on Exactprint, looks very good Simon. Is this just for lights though?
    Yes, just for lights. The job I did was for white garments and also Sports Grey. It is by far the best finish in my opinion... but... the instructions are COLD wash only (as well as the standard no tumble dry and iron inside out) and I wonder how many of our customers would accept that. It's also worth noting that the process for exact print is longer, press for 30 seconds, wait 7 seconds and peel then press again for 30 seconds so any job you do could take upto three times longer than with TTC for example. Lastly, Exactprint only works with certain printers so you need to make sure you have one of their recommended models. I tried it in my 301 and it did not work at all. However it did work in my 711WT running through SpaceControl (to avoid laying down any white)

The exciting part about Exactprint is that it is getting there. And I am sure you remember the Dutch company at Fespa who had something similar, I have been trying to get some samples of this since Fespa so the company is not the best. But the fact that they are starting to roll it out can only mean good things. It would not surprise me if TMT are working on something similar, but as we know with them, the Germans will not release anything until it works very well so I would expect them to be working on something that is not just cold wash etc.