Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpress (Adkins) studio or DF1?
    By Cd1986 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 09:12 PM
  2. Free 5 Red Shoulder Bags Xpress XP9050
    By benwilliamson in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 06:54 PM
  3. Lots of these for sale Xpress Mug press
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 12:41 PM
  4. xpress sub paper
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-11-2011, 10:39 PM
  5. For Sale 4 Xpress sublimation T.shirts
    By rossikey in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spoke to Target transfers today and asked about the exact print, their first question they asked was 'what printer did I have?'. When I said I had an Oki C5750 Magictouch one they immediately told me that it would not work with that printer as. to quote, 'we don't know what Magictouch do to their printers but it buggers it up for our papers!' Hahaha!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    'we don't know what Magictouch do to their printers but it buggers it up for our papers
    They are correct, the magic touch slow some of their printers down to allow more time for fusing. Most target transfer paper works in the 510 models so it might be worth investing one of those as they are only about £160.00 plus VAT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlworkwear View Post
    I just spoke to Target transfers today and asked about the exact print, their first question they asked was 'what printer did I have?'. When I said I had an Oki C5750 Magictouch one they immediately told me that it would not work with that printer as. to quote, 'we don't know what Magictouch do to their printers but it buggers it up for our papers!' Hahaha!
    We've used an Oki C5750 and an Oki C610 straight out of the box (not from TMT) and have printed TMT papers including CPM, TTC, OBM etc without any issues at all. There may be some modifications to the A3 machine but the A4 machines we've used have never had anything done to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've used an Oki C5750 and an Oki C610 straight out of the box (not from TMT) and have printed TMT papers including CPM, TTC, OBM etc without any issues at all. There may be some modifications to the A3 machine but the A4 machines we've used have never had anything done to them.
    Ditto on my cheap OKI301. Really nice results on TTC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Simon, you mentioned the laser transfers being better, I'm looking at Yolo papers in particular, I'm weighing up using my Epson 1500 or getting a new laser but need A3, what do you think print quality would be like on both?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure on the Epson to be honest as I do not have any Epsons. Having said that I used to have them and thought they were excellent. Presumably you would want an OKI which I personally have found are pretty good on colour.

Will YOLO send you some printed samples? I know that TMT and Target will.

I general the cheap laser printers have come a long way in terms of quality so I do not think you will have any issues with colour. It will be worth looking at what printers are suitable for various papers though.

As an example I have a OKI301 which is a nice little cheap machine, but I should have purchased the next model up (510 I think) as my 301 will not work with Target papers and so I have to use my 711. Fortunately this is not a problem as I have the TMT SPACE control software which saves toner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure they could send samples. I can test the papers with my dye sub ink but would want to change over to pigment for the best washability.

The laser you mention are all A4? I see price jumps considerably for an A3 so maybe better to stick with inkjet, pretty sure this would be fine for what I need.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes they are all A4.

Sometimes TMT gets reconditioned units in stock, might be worth giving them a call.

Would be interested to hear and see your results with ink jet transfers as I always understood that they are no where near as good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Getting some samples sent over from Yolo, I'll print them with normal dye inks and see how I get on before looking at the pigment option.

Not sure why the inkjet transfers wouldn't be as good, I'd expect a good quality inkjet printer to work fine for this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its not so much the quality of the colours or image, it was the finish of the pressed item.

I used some about a year ago for a small order where budget was the absolute key issue. So I purchased the cheapest transfer paper I could find off ebay and printed through my Kodak using the cheapest ink carts I could find. The customer loved the final item but I think they were just happy because they got pretty much what they wanted within budget. Personally I felt that the imprint left behind by ink jet was not as nice (i.e. the visible impression on the non printed but within the A4 sheet areas). I appreciate that I was going cheap with everything so would not be surprised if there is better out there.

I also thought that ink jet prints are a lot more expensive so have stuck with laser because of this.

Am open minded on this so look forward to your results.