Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpress (Adkins) studio or DF1?
    By Cd1986 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 10:12 PM
  2. Free 5 Red Shoulder Bags Xpress XP9050
    By benwilliamson in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 07:54 PM
  3. Lots of these for sale Xpress Mug press
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 01:41 PM
  4. xpress sub paper
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-11-2011, 11:39 PM
  5. For Sale 4 Xpress sublimation T.shirts
    By rossikey in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Anyone currently printing transfers from Yolo on laser? Interested to hear which printer you're using.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oki c610 ftom TMT,
    i use a selection of papers, at present i find the TMT TTC Paper to be one of the best for light garments but yolo are doing some nice no weed papers and i fancy trying the one that prints white only onto garments...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    610 looks like a very good printer, seems a little expensive for an A4 option though? In wondering what the differences are between this and say a 301 for example?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure the difference, but to be honest im fairly new to the c610 myself and i find im not using it to its full potential. wish i spent the money towards a bn-20 but thats another story. The good thing about yolo is that they sell papers in packs of 10, where TMT sell in boxs of 100 which makes a big difference to the price when doing small runs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    while I respect every sharing member of this community, I find this thread a bit of a challenge when members mince on about quality, while wanting the very cheapest (none optimised) printer, and buying paper in packs of 10.....
    Sure, we all started doing low volume jobs, and now, I still avoid mega large jobs coz I don't like the diminished margins.... work more 4 less ...! - Doh !!
    I suspect that the products
    by TMT = TTC
    By Yolo = ?
    By Xpress (a company I just cannot like) = Forever = a great laser transfere alternative to ttc .....
    All of them are capable of good results within their product limitations, the main issue if you buy in packs of 10 is that you never get to become an expert in using the product.
    All laser papers are humidity sensitive, the moisture content effects their ability to take & hold static charge!
    Smaller packs need even more careful humidity control, fresh stock, double wrapping in plastic, - that sort of stuff
    PLUS
    optimising the printer, setting it to the heaviest paper stock setting so the fuser is hottest and for the longest time..... (hence TMT 'special' settings - just set it to the heaviest card type!!)
    THEN,
    all the tricks of using the product, time, temp, pressure,
    AND
    knowing the humidity of your garments, - where are they stored, damp, or TOO DRY !
    I have done laser T's for nearly 21 years now, and sublimation for maybe 5 years, .....on poly, sub is unsurpassed, it is brilliant, and fairly easy too.
    laser is not difficult, but, it is harder, with a lot more variables than sub.
    HENCE,
    I feel that this thread is slightly irrelevant, .....
    I suggest you work on your technique, not your product.
    Find a supplier you like, and stick with them, Quiz their tec support about every aspect of product use. If your supplier doesn't have good tec product support, - change supplier.
    Finally, try to buy is volume, that way, you will get a better price, and your supplier might take you seriously.....

PS - ALWAYS keep your failures, you can use them for more test prints, - and when they are washed and washed again, and full of test prints, you can use them to wash the car!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice that some of the members on this forum could afford large packs of 100, but I'm guessing you will find Yolo most probably sell more smaller packs then large.. Like you said we all got to start somewhere and maybe in a few years after testing and making mistakes we will buy in volume.
    the rest of your post logobear is very interesting to people like myself who are still in the learning game and don't know much how about laser printers work etc.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Find a supplier you like, and stick with them, Quiz their tec support about every aspect of product use. If your supplier doesn't have good tec product support, - change supplier.
    But if I did that then I would never have found out about Target Transfer's Exact Print. While not that durable, for one day promotions its better than the rest because it leaves no residue on the non print areas

the main issue if you buy in packs of 10 is that you never get to become an expert in using the product.
    Not sure I follow mate, some people prefer to buy in packs of ten because of cash flow, especially if you are just starting out. Buying in boxes of 100 does not qualify someone to be an expert. You will still press the same amount of garments, they will simply cost more because of purchasing in low quantity.

I still avoid mega large jobs coz I don't like the diminished margins
    I'm the opposite, yes the margins are less but the profit is more because you have done more, in my business anyway.

Its always good to see reviews on the various types of papers out there, even if they are not as good as my current supplier (TMT). As an example, I quoted on 3000 cotton shoppers the other day. Now, I know I can get TMT for 30p a sheet. But if there was a paper out there for 25p for example I would save £150.00 which would go in my pocket. I use the tote bags example because colour and washability is not as critical due to the fact that the bags are an off yellow colour and people do not wash them. If I were to quote for 3000 t shirts then I suspect I would stay with TMT due to the quality and durability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    interesting
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Printed a couple of dark transfers using Yolo sheets tonight. Printed well enough, no messing about...contour cut through my Silhouette. Finished product is very 'papery' on the garment which I kind of expected, you need the transfer to be thick enough to stop the black showing through. Will have a play with the white papers, these usually look better as you get the clear backing and they are a lot thinner.

Would love to have a play with Yolo's self weeding papers but I'm really unsure as to which laser printer would be best suited.
    Last edited by Justin; 18-09-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

I am still puzzled as to why you want to use Ink jet transfers :-)

is it a cost thing, a quality thing or are you just having a tinker?

I am very interested to hear about the results, its just that whenever I have used ink jet transfers the end result has been a bit nasty, which I thought was the general consensus.