Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Oki C511DN - Toner Choices?
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-05-2015, 10:46 PM
  2. Dark t shirt printing
    By themojo in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-12-2014, 08:42 PM
  3. Anyone using the SunAngel 32WB white printer
    By ArferMo in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:07 PM
  4. dark t shirt printing
    By wadar in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
  5. Printing white ink on dark/colour t-shirts
    By steve_c in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

SunAngel release their new White Toner range for dark printing

Anyone who was at Fespa this year will probably have seen the SunAngel stand, very impressive colour/fluorescent printing onto dark colours.

Well, they've finally released the range and today I got the price list. I've emailed a few times and communications haven't been the best but I'm hoping this was teething problems and things will now improve.

I'll upload the price list for anyone interested. It's certainly a lot cheaper than the Magic Touch system, how well it compares only time will tell.

Concerns at the moment, all printers ship with very small capacity starter carts so you need to factor in full sized carts pretty quickly (still far cheaper than TMT though) TMT have the space control software to reduce the amount of white ink used, I'm waiting to see what SunAngels response to this is, I don't think they have anything with their printers.

Paper is around £3 which is for the set of 2 as it's a 2 part system. Again, not cheap but should come down in time as the system starts to sell.

I've beden trying to order since Fespa so will hopefully get this sorted very soon and be able to start reviewing and comparing so should prove to be an interesting development.
    Last edited by Justin; 29-08-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin

Just to add from my chat with them at Fespa and to give peeps a bit more insight. The guy was very guarded about anyone looking inside the printer which is essentially a 301 but he did say something about it needing two white toners and the other two carts are basically taped or blocked off. I had no idea why he would not let me or Jason look inside, but we did find it funny :-)

Here is my balanced view of both products.

CARTRIDGES
    The price of the carts is double what the actual price shown on the price list (£76.00) so £152.00. This is still significantly cheaper than the OKI (not TMT ) carts at £260.00. However the carts advertised by Sunangel are that price for 1500 impressions. The OKI white (presumably based on the same coverage) advertises 6000 impressions. Essentially this means OKI 4.333p per copy SunAngel 10.133p per copy. If I have got it wrong about double toner then it is still more expensive at 5.06p per copy. Also to add, if you did purchase from The Magic Touch (other sellers are available) you get a free piece of software called SPACE CONTROL which improves the cost by controlling the amount of white that is laid down.

PRINTER
    The OKI prints White and CMY in one process from one machine. The SunAngel system will require two printers if you want to print full colour to a dark garment as you print the white in one machine and then take the printed white sheet and pass it through a standard 301 printer. Personally I think this will be a problem with registration of small text and fine lines.

START UP COST
    OKI711 WT from TMT or XPRESS is £1995.00 plus VAT. Sunangel system £249.00 plus VAT plus £94.00 for a standard 301ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
    The Sunangel range also has a machine for flourescent colours and another machine for flourescent white. These I see as a great addition to add to my 711 and something I have been looking at for a while.

TRANSFERS
    The Sunangel ones are untested at the moment. Having said that the WOW and FOREVER papers do require special washing instructions anyway. I would be surprised if Sunangel's transfers did not hold up just as well. The Sunangel sheets are £3.00 per sheet. With my Mystic Meg hat on I can tell you to expect less than £2.00 per sheet with WOW from about 2nd September . I would assume that the others will have to follow otherwise TMT will simply blow them out of the water. But (and there always is one), white transfer paper for this kind of system has been made by hand (screen printed) since its introduction. TMT head office in Germany have developed an automated system which is why they are now coming down in price. If Forever (sold by Xpres) or Sunangel do not get to automate the manufacture then they could well lose out.

Overall it can only be a good thing that Sunangel have come to market, especially with the day glo and flourescent stuff. I remember speaking to them at FESPA and said to the lady there "amaze me or I am walking on". To be fair she left me speechless especially when she told me the price. In summary I think anyone who is thinking about a white system for serious usage then the OKI711WT is the only option at the moment. Those that like a bit of a faff and a challenge and want to keep their start up costs to a minimum would do better with Sunangel, but just like dye sub, it will never do everything you want it to do and things like fine text on a dark garment may be impossible, time will tell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SunAngel sent me their price list too as I was signed up to their mailing list after a previous and helpful thread comment by Simon.

I have responded to Sun Angel asking if they have any instructional material or a video showing the system being used. I will share the response when I get it. I know of another member who is telephoning them today with the same questions regarding the double toner issue.

Simon's comment about screen printing white had me wondering, has any one actually done this and (fearlessly LoL ) put it through a laser printer, if so what were the results?
    I appreciate that some papers allow you to do this but I never would have guessed it could be done with water based inks.
    Last edited by GoldRapt; 30-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Heard from them again today so I'm putting a system together and will hopefully be in a position to post some test reviews in the not too distant future :-)

Some great points from Simon there and this will continue to be an interesting debate.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I await a response from Rory.
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The SunAngel stand at Fespa was like a bunch of 6th form geeks enthusing about their science project....., it worked sometimes, but just not the time I happened to be watching!
    Don't get me wrong, am proud to have some 'geek like qualities', but when I decorate tops I just want it to work, every time, I want great communication, consistant supply and uniformity of product, from a happy company that I enjoy dealing with too.
    If SunAngel are still about in 2 years time with a 2 printer solution I will eat a t-shirt !
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well......I have a pro forma invoice here ready to pay. I've asked a number of questions since receiving it and have heard nothing! This really isn't a good start SunAngel! I, like many others, will be expecting good support on this product SHOULD I buy and really, if I can't get answers to simple questions am I going to spend over £700!?!?!?

This is a great opportunity for this company as the product really does look very good for the entry price, however, I'd personally pay more with another company to get the necessary ongoing support. Sorry SunAngel, must try harder! :-(

I'm off to continue testing transfer papers.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a great opportunity for this company as the product really does look very good for the entry price, however, I'd personally pay more with another company to get the necessary ongoing support. Sorry SunAngel, must try harder! :-(
    This is exactly the same as what happened to Jelliskin the first time round. Great product, it was just too difficult to get hold of them.

If you spending that much money why not buy an OKI White? Oki have a much better back up and come Wednesday (I think) the price of the transfers will be £1.20 cheaper than the Sun Angel system. So the two systems would be exactly the same price after about 1300 A4 prints. Which in my opinion is not a lot of prints for an easier system.

If you went with TMT then it would be less than 1300 prints due to the Space Control software.

At £700.00 I assume you are also looking at the day glow white and fluorescent printers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This price is for the white system and also the cmyk option along with a pack of 100 sheets (2 sheet system) So the paper alone accounts for @£270+vat!

TBH at the moment I'm favouring inkjet transfers as I want to be able to go to A3. I'm not looking to invest £2500 for the TMT system just yet as I'm looking at other things but this may be the only 'real' option.

I may look at the Oki to work with Yolo/Other papers for self weeding papers on white shirts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there a self weeding white paper for ink jet available?

How much are they charging for a CMYK printer?

Its a OKI C301 which are £94.00 + VAT online. That will save a few pennies probably.