Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cheap subli ink
    By kris_hm in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 23-05-2011, 01:36 PM
  2. Subli Tiles
    By leethesign in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-05-2011, 10:53 AM
  3. Subli soft & subli t t-shirts
    By swimwivsquid in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 06:59 AM
  4. Is sublisupplies website down?
    By Kaz in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-05-2010, 09:59 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the main part of the Business was moved on to Subli.co.uk and then they were concentrating on Metal and Training areas only. I also believe that there was a family bereavement very recently which is probably why things aren't quite as normal. Feel free to correct me if anyone knows more as I have never had any dealings.

SubliNation has nothing to do with anything these days and is just a blast from the past.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did manage to contact someone who I thought was Subli-training, but it turned out that I had been redirected to Meshtex Ltd and a Steve Bull.
    He told me that Nicci Simmonds of Sublitraining had recently had a family bereavement and was trying to do everything herself.
    I did not try to make contact for a few weeks, but when I did I had no response.

So it looks as if I will have to find someone who does training. Help please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always ask questions on here for anything you are struggling on...... you'll get plenty of help and advice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knokinonabit View Post
    So it looks as if I will have to find someone who does training. Help please.
    It's worth bearing in mind that most people who dye-sub these days, especially those on this forum, started by learning for themselves. There was no such thing as "training" when I began and suppliers just sold the equipment - they didn't go the extra mile. Also, there were no forums like this one to ask other people questions. All we had was to learn the hard way. If we made mistakes, we learned from them. Experience was everything. Starting up today is a lot less "trial and error" than it was before.

Because of this, and how everyone started up on their own and with trial and error, there's very little in the way of formal training for dye-sub. At the end of the day, it's not a complicated industry - that's why everyone and their dog is doing it, and why the industry is saturated with people starting out very cheaply with the misguided belief that they'll have overnight success by selling dirt-cheap on ebay.

The actual dye-sub is the least important thing if you're going to run it as a business. Dye sub consists of (i) ink, transfer paper, printer; (ii) heat press; (iii) coated substrate. Print to the paper, lay it on the substrate, put it in the press. That's it. The little details (print quality, heat temperature, time of pressing, etc) are things you'll pick up along the way and tweak as your experience improves - they're things your supplier will help you with. The trickiest thing of the business is targeting your market so that you don't get lost in the millions of others who are doing exactly the same thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    come n spend a day in myshop and you'll learn a lot of new things, mainly new words!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just having a look around the forum before posting this, as I see that sublination.co.uk is now redirected to BMS/printerowners, as when I last checked it didn't resolve - I obviously wasn't checking enough as I was wanting to buy it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Just having a look around the forum before posting this, as I see that sublination.co.uk is now redirected to BMS/printerowners, as when I last checked it didn't resolve - I obviously wasn't checking enough as I was wanting to buy it!
    youre right it does redirect to BMS whats going on ere then martin are you trying to commit commercial suicide or you happy to be associated with sublination ?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm in a minority but I always had good dealings with Sublination.

I do wish I'd bought a mug press instead of the mug oven at the time though - although that was my choice based on cost.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    was it not subli-nation co uk ??

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    was it not subli-nation co uk ??
    come to think of it paul you might be right martin might just be boxing clever by regestering sublination.co.uk and pointing it at his web site clever move i suppose still not sure id want to be associated with the name