Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fusion c24

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    Hi Renniwano,
    I have an 18" cougar. I bought it to make favour boxes and wedding invitations - I needed something bigger than the craft robo. Now that I've "discovered" vinyl I wish I'd bought the 24" as it's a nuisance having to cut the vinyl to fit the bed. :)
    Same here Skye.. I also have the 18" and wish I had the 24" but like you initially purchased it for crafting purposes lol

They are definitely a more powerful machine with a force of 950g to be able to cut through matboard etc.. but also can be so delicate with vinyl - I love cutting vinyl on my machine but do feel I need to go back to doing more with it.. otherwise it's one very expensive vinyl cutter lol
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to take this thread off on a Tangent but have to ask:

What is a 'Favour Box" ?
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 'favour box' is a box that holds the little gifts and keepsakes given to guests a wedding reception. Used to be sugared almonds in a little net. Today they have become an part of the table decoration.
    Here's a mock up of one that I've made. The final version was black with silver decoration.

_DSC8106 - Copy.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Here's a mock up of one that I've made. The final version was black with silver decoration."

Hi Skye, That looks impressive, I imagine the final version was brilliant. Can I ask what software you used for making that, i'm after something to do that on my craft robo pro.

Thanks
    Mal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I have been to many Greek weddings with the Sugared Almonds - I understand now :)
    My website is open:

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunction View Post

Can I ask what software you used for making that, i'm after something to do that on my craft robo pro.

Mal
    Hi Mal,
    When I had the smaller craft robo (CR) I used CorelDraw to design the item and the CR plugin for Coreldraw to send it to the cutter. Now that I've upgraded to a larger cutter I'm still using CD for the design, but cut by importing the design into "Make the Cut".
    You can design in "Make the Cut" but I'm not sure if it supports the CR.

As for the box itself - there are plenty of box templates on the web. Most, though, need to be redrawn in CD to be able to cut them on the cutter.
    There are some interesting books in the PEPIN series - esp. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Special-Pack...epin+packaging. It includes the templates on a Cd.

For the box in the picture I drew the artwork on one layer and the cut out on another. Then used a silver pen in the cutter to draw on the card before changing to the knife to cut out the box.

Regards

Karen

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post

For the box in the picture I drew the artwork on one layer and the cut out on another. Then used a silver pen in the cutter to draw on the card before changing to the knife to cut out the box.

Regards

Karen

Hi Karen

If its not a rude question, how long do they take to make and what is the materials cost for one of these boxes? The time question might be difficult as I guess you make these in batches.

regards

Arhtur

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Would anyone be kind enough to point me towards a dealer who sells the Blackcat range and really knows their stuff?

regards

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Arthur, I think the only place in the uk to buy from is http://www.blackcatcutters.com/

Mal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please use Dawn at ThymeGraphics.co.uk for purchasing your machines.. she is the lady you need to speak to and knows her stuff because she designed the range ;)
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..