Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Boxes
    By A11kns in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 02:40 PM
  2. Sublimation Mug Boxes / Custom printed boxes
    By Benn81 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Last Post: 22-04-2014, 03:23 PM
  3. Mug boxes
    By kezza99 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 08:01 PM
  4. Wanted Large Heat Press 50cm x 50cm or Bigger
    By uniform1400 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Last Post: 23-11-2011, 08:03 PM
  5. Sold Sub Money Boxes x 6
    By Lee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug Boxes - need something a bit bigger

Hi All

I currently use the single mug boxes sold by Coralgraph - http://www.coralgraph.com/mug-packaging

However they are just a tad too small and the mugs handle makes the box lid bow open a bit. I sell the boxes just to make it easier for customers to wrap mugs as presents, not to post etc. The CG boxes are ok but if they were a tad bigger they would look so much more presentable and the (vulnerable) handle wouldn't be forced hard into the corner of the box.

My trade is pretty much exclusively in Durhams - so can anyone point me towards an alternate supplier where the boxes may be just a tad bigger?

regards

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use BMS for my mug boxes.. and fit the Listawood Durham mugs in no problem - even wrapped in bubble wrap :)
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Renniwano

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately those BMS boxes are quite big (153 x 153 x 153mm) so you'd have to wrap mugs in bubble wrap to use them which is something I really don't want to have to do and they work out at about 26p each plus vat which is 31 - 32p each plus your handling costs, bubble wrap and mark up which would make them quite expensive - 75p - £1 :o(

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree.. but to date *touch wood and all that.. * that cost has meant I have had NO breakages

Meaning I haven't had to replace any mugs at my expense.. worth thinking about ??
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renniwano View Post
    I agree.. but to date *touch wood and all that.. * that cost has meant I have had NO breakages

Meaning I haven't had to replace any mugs at my expense.. worth thinking about ??
    I know exactly what you mean but the difference here is that my customers generally collect from me and so this box is something for them to carry the mug home in and to make it easier to wrap up as a present and so breakages aren't really an issue - if its broken before it goes in the box well thats down to me and if they see it go into the box in one piece and its broken when they get home thats down to them! As far as the customer is concerned they see the box as value added and given that I only charge 25p for the boxes they see it as a bargain that makes their life a bit easier. Theres nothing like a customer going away happy to get repeat business and to pass on the good news to their friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you wrap them in paper towel type stuff, industrial rolls of it are much cheaper than bubblewrap, it wouldn't need much just to stop the mug rattling in the box.

Mal

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Mal

you could use all kinds of packing to fill the box but of course the thing is you don't really want to spend time stuffing packing into boxes if you don't have to

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arthur did you get the link i posted in the thread i started earlier?
    i but it up there for you they may be able to help you pal and could be a cheaper option..
    http://www.postpack.co.uk/acatalog/B...ing_boxes.html that was the page i look at but have a look they do all sorts of boxes :)
    or do you have a good printer to make your own boxes? i know thats time consuming but all you would need is the cardboard and a template which you could design with your logo on and get alot done over one weekend im sure if you search boxes you will see a box template somewhere :)
    was thinking this myself but the effort to me would just be too much so ill stick to buying them for now

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DaG

Just took a look at that site, way too expensive - for a single mug sized box and ordering 10,000 boxes, they were still over a quid each plus vat :o(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.postpack.co.uk/acatalog/s...all-boxes.html these boxes here are only 26p + vat 65x55x55 but the price goes up by different size
    it seems i am promoting these but its just they have being good to me before so they deserve the mention
    you prob be best ringing them to tell them the exact size you want and ask for some samples as they also send samples if needed, may save you alot of time especially if you looking at 10,000 :)