Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Boxes
    By A11kns in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:40 PM
  2. Sublimation Mug Boxes / Custom printed boxes
    By Benn81 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Last Post: 22-04-2014, 02:23 PM
  3. Mug boxes
    By kezza99 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 07:01 PM
  4. Wanted Large Heat Press 50cm x 50cm or Bigger
    By uniform1400 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Last Post: 23-11-2011, 07:03 PM
  5. Sold Sub Money Boxes x 6
    By Lee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen these - http://www.cera-packaging.com/mug-mailers-p-295.html - I think the brown ones are slightly bigger than the ones at Coralgraph. They're 120mm x 103mm x 90mm.
    I haven't tried them myself but came across them yesterday as I have been looking around at the alternatives. It looks like MOQ is 1 pack - 20 boxes. Delivery £7.99.
    Might be worth a phone call.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.postpack.co.uk/acatalog/s...all-boxes.html these boxes here are only 26p + vat 65x55x55
    What size are your mugs if you are suggesting that size box

I have used cera and they are alright. When we meet up for the machine, remind me and I can give you a few of their boxes to have a look at.

Out of interest Arthur, why give them a box? Have a look round for something different perhaps. You can often get laminated bags cheap, especially if you are not fussy with the colour. Or you could purchase some tote bags (I know a man that has them LOL!), print on them to show off other products etc.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DaG

I looked at those and the only one vaguely suitable is the 127x127x127mm which would have to be packed out loads which takes time and money. I don't actually want 10,000 I just put that into their calculator to see what kind of price the ideal size for a Durham would cost .

Their boxes are good value if you can use one of their stock sizes its a pity they don't have anything a bit closer than the 65x55x55mm :o(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry social i wasnt suggesting the mug box i just used them for a reference so arthur can go have a look as they do different sizes on the same listing as i didnt know the exact size he wanted it was easier :) but i have gone with cera for my boxes and bubble bags now cant wait to get them. £44.00 for 200 smashproof boxes, as £35 else where for 100. with the bubble wrap bags and boxes my cost per box is still alot cheaper than the 100 mug boxes for £35.00.

well arthur it looks like you will have to keep digging pal, there has to be someone out there that does the boxes you want at a decent enough price for you
    let us know how you get on :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arthur is this better - 90x55x70 a bit closer to the 65x55x55 (sorry i cant work the quotes still)
    i just seeing these on a special at cera http://www.cera-packaging.com/favour-boxes-p-300.html .16p per pox :)
    they are wedding favour boxes but if they close for what you need they can be mug favour boxes :)

out of curiosity now what is a wedding favour? im guessing its just a gift with a fancy name?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Designandgift View Post

out of curiosity now what is a wedding favour? im guessing its just a gift with a fancy name?
    Hi Dag

Coincidentally, we've been having the same discussion here. http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...ll=1#post80373

Regards

Karen

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi guys

Cera looks like a good way forward. Thanks for the offer of looking some boxes over SG, as always, much appreciated.

My customers like the boxes. All I have to do is suggest to them they buy a box for an extra 25p as it makes the mug so much easier to wrap up as a present and is convenient to carry the mug home in and they stump up the extra cash without a second thought. I know I could charge more but I don't feel I have to extract every last penny out of a customer, treat them well, send them away happy, show you go the extra mile and they will come back and/or tell their friends - word of mouth, the best advertising that money can't buy.

regards

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well now i know :) thank you skye

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    25p is way too cheap Arthur.

Think about it, you have to purchase the boxes up front and it will take you a while to sell them, in the mean time that is your cash sitting on the shelf. Then there is the VAT to consider and lastly how much the boxes actually cost you including the delivery.

If I ever have to individually wrap mugs for customers then the minimum I charge is 48p (plus VAT) and that is a trade price for my customers who will order a minimum of 108 mugs at a time.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning SG

You up early or still up ;o)

You are absolutely right that i ought to charge more for the boxes. They cost me about 15p each - purchased as part of a bigger order so postage not really an issue. If I had to include postage I reckon they are about 20p. They were never really intended as a profit making line just so long as the didn't end up actually costing me money. They only take a few seconds to fold. Generally I show the customer the mug then pop it back in its plastic bag and straight into the box whilst they write the cheque or count out cash so its not like they cost me in time either. They are as you say money tied up on the shelf.

All that said I wont be using them for a while as Coralgraph are out of stock and I only have about 30 maybe less left. Plenty of poly boxes and cardboard outers - they certainly won't be going for 25p a pop!

regards

Arthur