Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Coaster Boxes
    By House of Logos in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-02-2013, 09:44 AM
  2. coaster box
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
  3. coaster holders
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-01-2011, 11:32 AM
  4. Me again - Aluminium Coaster
    By gstk in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coaster Press

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDesign View Post
    re the photo stuff, surely the most important thing is the mind behind the camera

best thing i have read for long long time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I'm enjoying the new space in my workshop, just not getting many takers for the photographic equipment I've removed. The big clear space allows you to think more clearly, clutter stresses me out!

After some in depth looking, I noticed that a lot of the presses only have a temperature range of up to 200 degrees C or slightly higher. If I'm pressing coasters at 200, there's no 'headroom' as we say in guitar amplification so I can't see a heating element working too well or too long at full stretch. What if I need a few degrees higher?

So that has brought my attention to the Adkins presses again which will reach temperatures of 260 degrees C.

The Adkins Studio Mini Clam; people dismiss clam presses as not having even pressure, is that just tarring all clams with the same brush? Is a good quality modern press going to do a job of pressing four glass coasters evenly and without damage?

http://www.aadkins.com/studio_mini.php

or the Studio Versa Press 38cm x 30cm; again combo presses get a bad reputation. I'm not interested in fancy attachments, but will this be a good reliable swing away press?

It's the only high quality compact swing press I've come across so far.

http://www.aadkins.com/versa.php

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Well I'm enjoying the new space in my workshop, just not getting many takers for the photographic equipment I've removed.

Hi

Have sent you a PM

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Digging up my old thread and I still haven't bought my press. I'm being prudent until I resolve a technical issue. In great news, I sold my Leitz enlarger for a very tasty sum and it's amazing how some spacial awareness can gain you lots of room.

I don't hear much about heatpressuk and all I know is that they have some SEO keywords for a name and people like their 5 in 1 mug presses, there's a 5% discount on them too.

The little swing away prices don't look to dissimilar to cheap ebay specials, but are these reliable solid machines? They have a price that would indicate that they are ok.

http://heatpressuk.com/heat-presses

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there,

The presses that we supply should be fine. If you want send over a sample and I can press it for you and send it back so you can see exactly what you will achieve from our plate press. If you would like to do this just send over an email or you can give me a call to get this arranged.

Thanks and I hope that I can help with your inquiry
    Xpres Sublimation
    Powering Personalisation

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me on
    for equipment advice or quotes