Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just Ģ10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sawgrass ICC versus Sawgrass Powerdrive
    By Marcelle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2014, 09:50 AM
  2. Performing Rights/ TV licence
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 12:36 PM
  3. Cubecart licence for sale
    By smitch6 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-10-2011, 09:22 PM
  4. licence?!
    By jenthelemur in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25-01-2011, 01:15 PM
  5. Driving licence passed :)
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angloman View Post
    I dont use sawgrass ink,I know people have found it the worlds best ink for sublimation.
    I have found plenty of people who think otherwise, and wouldn't dream of putting their ink anywhere near their printer.

How does this ink differ from anybody's else's ink if its a 100ml or a 1 litre bottle, only price.
    You can't assume that the only differentiator between all the sublimation inks available on the market worldwide is price point, that doesn't make sense. How well the ink is going to resist clogging, the quality of the disperse dyes in the ink, how fine the particles are, how well they stand up to killing off any bacterial growth when left in a bottle/printer, how consistently the colours all sublimate, what is their shelf life, how well the colours stand up to light/uv, how well they resist chemicals in washing machines, how well they stand up to sweat (for when printing to garments), how clean a lab/factory are they manufactured in, how pure is the ink mixture (going back to cleanliness of production facility) ... and if buying inks that have been decanted from litre bottles into 100ml bottles so they can be sold on Ebay, how clean an area of that person's kitchen has been used (no matter how clean the facility where the inks were originally made, this all goes out the window if being decanted in someone's home!)

I bought some refill cartridges and I got a chip resetter with them,fill up , away I go
    This is what we do with large format printers, although the cartridges are much bigger

I found the guy in china but now stocks from the UK so 4 x 100ml Ģ30.00 Bargain you say, must be rubbish you say,I actually think its ok and the colour match is very very good.very vibrant colours
    We've used a Chinese company in the past (who now stock in UK) so could be the same company you're talking about, buy only for buying large format refillable cartridges, which he doesn't seem to do anymore, which is a shame. I wouldn't buy sublimation inks from him though, as we don't have disposable small home/office printers, wide format printers are more expensive, and there's too much at stake putting unknown/unbranded inks into it (with regard to purity and resistance to clogging etc) when I can get large format inks from a major ink manufacturer for it at a really good price per ml (cheaper than you're getting btw) where it is in a foil-sealed litre bottle, fully branded, with use by date (of usually 18-24 months), and direct from the manufacturers warehouse. We do our own ICC profiling, and get excellent colours.

With your supplier now stocking unlicensed in the UK, they are now in a trickier situation wrt to legal challenges. What happens if Sawgrass go after him and he gets shut down, and you can no longer get his ink? How do you keep consistency of your printer if you can no longer get your inks? You now have to source a new ink, and get new ICC profiles made up. With a branded ink, from a major manufacturer, who are licensed to produce sublimation inks, you don't run this risk, as there's plenty of suppliers to source it from.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Going to have to shut this thread down if you carry on discussing third party inks in small format folks.
    To be pedantic, Sawgrass inks are third party inks though. Epson's own sublimation inks wouldn't be though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Those pennies can mount up quickly if you sell enough mugs. Lots of different ways to go about business and make it work. You know what they say about looking after the pennies. ....
    With you all the way there Andrew.
    My point, although poorly made, was that if ink prices drop a few pennies, many will not be better off because people will then undercut by a few pennies, then a price war breaks out again, and hence back to square one. Not aimed at you as I don't know your business. But how often do you see mugs on eBay etc where you just think "?".
    However if you carve out your own niche , you will gain by a few a pennies, because you can already charge a premium price.

Hence the reason it makes sense for ink manufacturers to play ball with Sawgrass (as pointed out so eloquently by Pisquee), and why we should learn from these guys.

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    (as pointed out so eloquently by Pisquee)
    I tend to think that I more ramble on, in a thinking out loud kind of way!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    I tend to think that I more ramble on, in a thinking out loud kind of way!
    Ahhh see you "Think" .... I have yet to manage that....tried....it hurt!

I suspect Andrew "Thinks", I can't think he thinks because I would have to think...and as pointed out above....that hurts.

Janners

Errr am I rambling...have we gone off track...
    Last edited by JMugs; 12-02-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Ramble

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    Ahhh see you "Think" .... I have yet to manage that....tried....it hurt!

Janners
    Ah, I should stop thinking ... right, got it!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow that must be one hell of a patent if you can't even talk about non Sawgrass inks!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The first rule of ink club ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue I have with Sawgrass inks is the Use By dates.. I am only small fry and struggle to use them in the 6/7 months you get once you get them to your door :(
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renniwano View Post
    The only issue I have with Sawgrass inks is the Use By dates.. I am only small fry and struggle to use them in the 6/7 months you get once you get them to your door :(
    But that's only a guide and its more to cover themselves against claims relating to old ink. I've used ink way past its useby date and not had any issues.