Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 10:14 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-02-2012, 08:52 AM
  3. I want to print t-shirts!
    By Lee in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
  4. Help Needed to print 4000+ T-Shirts
    By proprints in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-12-2011, 09:30 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which way to print t-shirts next?

After spending the last few months testing different transfer papers I'm still not 100% happy with results! the question I have or just to start another interesting thread is what would you use to print t-shirts if you had a choice, options could be BN-20 (versacamm), Screen printing, direct to garments, white toner printers, or anything else I'm missing?

i ask this as I have a t-shirt printing web site and I'm running out of new designs as I mainly use one/two colour vinyl printing.

Pros and cons all up for discussions...

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    i would defo go for bn20 and/or white toner :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Full bleed all-over sublimation would be my choice, either as DTG or transfer paper, with the option of doing proper cut and sew work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id go for the cheapest upgrade of all these. The OKI white. Only downsides are that its A4 and wont print things like flames that fade into the t-shirt.
    Its clean, needs no maintenance and costs only 2,000 pounds or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked into this as well as I feel its the next step for me - so have personally decided on what I want to do but it's the available cash that's the kicker

BN20 - it'll help you do lots of other things, like cut stickers, its a printer and a cutter in one. it's quite costly and wont allow complex shapes and the transfer material on the tshirt isn't that great compared to other methods.
    OKI White - it's a lot easier than other methods, cheaper start up too (only £2k), but the laser paper is costly and still not anywhere as easy as vinyl as its a two stage process. Can also do other printable items like mugs etc.
    Screen Printing - its a heck of a learning curve, quite labour and space intensive, the more complex a design, the more screens needed but the setup costs are comparably cheaper for the same product, but its a lot of hassle for small runs.
    DTG - its the most expensive in comparison to setup than others - the processes are quite simple though once you learn the software, consumables are cheap, but need pre treatment of dark tshirts for white ink to work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the BN-20 OR even a small versacamm or the cadett would be my option, i receive some transfers from socialgirrafe now and again and im happy with all the t-shirts i end up printing with it, so im guessing the BN-20 would be the same as any versacamm materiel i receive.
    i have considered the white toner but ended up buying a OKIC610 and im not getting my monies worth from it as i just cant get on with transfer paper enough to be selling to customers..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having bought an OKI511 and tried many attempts to get no weed transfer papers correct (a large amount of them to be honest), I can say that from my point of view, its doesn't work close to 100% of the time. Dark or light laser transfer paper where I then cut out the shape on my cutter works, but as with the BN20/Versacamm/Cadet it's never going to be close in quality to a DTG/Screen/properly done OKI White job. It cant cut anywhere near as intricate a design as DTG/Screen/properly done OKI White can print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the New WOW 7.7 paper? Not the old 7.7 which didnt work. The new works, not 100% but it is good. When it doesnt work its usually operater error. Ie; not grabbing the two half of paper and seperating them quickly. The cost is about 2,50 for an A4 print. About the same as a similar sized DTG print and far less hassel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Dtg is mot most expensive any more.
    resolute just released new, mobile version of their printer and i belive is under 5k so less then bn20 ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Dtg is mot most expensive any more.
    resolute just released new, mobile version of their printer and i belive is under 5k so less then bn20 ;)
    Unless they've changed the prices very recently it's £6500 for cymk and £7500 for white