Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Why wont it Print. Sun Angel 321dn. Can anybody help???
    By YBCM Designs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 02:41 PM
  2. Sun Angel Halo - image preparation
    By wayupnorth in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sun angel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sun angel

Hi guys
    missed the meet on sunday at p&p got held up on another trade stand.
    Did see Paul rushing around with his camera,but never got to speak to him.
    Anyway we went back again today and it was a lot easier to look at whats on offer.
    Saw the sun angel system and wondered if anyone has any views on the system.
    Also liked the ribbon printer,there was two traders selling these but the one guy was doing a text message on his phone and wasnt bothered with us.
    stu
    RICOH GX 7000 ROLAND GX24 ROLAND VP300

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw the sun angel system and wondered if anyone has any views on the system. Also liked the ribbon printer,there was two traders selling these but the one guy was doing a text message on his phone and wasnt bothered with us.
    Do a search on this forum and not only will you find what people think of Sun Angel you will also find a very very useful post by yours truly explaining how they are more expensive than you think :-)

Ribbon printers do look fantastic don't they, now go a find someone that actually has one and talk to them. From what I understand very few people have ever made them pay
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I decided to buy one of these when we first saw it at Fespa. It took forever to get anywhere close to being able to buy one and too many questions remained unanswered so I put it on the back burner. bearing in mind how long ago Fespa was, I got a text (yep, a text) just a week or so back telling me this system is now available!?!?! Very strange. Once I'd expressed my concerns the suppliers stopped responding to emails. I can make certain assumptions but trying not to be cynical I hope any issues have been ironed out and we can hear from someone who has bought and used the system.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched there demonstration with interest, but was a little sceptical, it's a printer that only prints white or fluorescent. So another laser printer is required, this caught my eye as I already own a okic610 so it was possible to own the system for around the £300 mark which was a lot cheaper than then the oki white. But designs would have to be layered so if I was to print a image with white in it as well as other colours I would be using both printers and 2 sets of papers, I didn't get cost of paper but if around the same price of wow then your price is doubled straight away and that's only on one design. So I think I may choose the oki white soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave

Not sure you are correct in what you say. When Justin, Jason and I looked at this set up at Fespa we were told that you take your transfer, pass it through the white and then pass it through the cmyk printer. So it would only be 1 transfer sheet.

Seriously have a search on this forum, there is a post by me that calculates the cost of an OKI WHITE vs The Sun Angel White system. You will see that ultimately there is not much difference and you actually end up spending a lot more in the future. If I could find the post I would repost it here for you :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Simon,
    maybe we need to get confirmation on this as I was led to believe it was all about layering and you needed to seperate any white from image in Photoshop. When I asked the questions I was quite certain he said you print onto another sheet with CMYK . Maybe a call to sunangel today will get me a answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the below is the post to which SocialGiraffe referred:

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...-dark-printing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dave, I presume they have changed their system then because at Fespa it was definitely one sheet that you printed in white, then passed the same sheet through CMYK which did raise registration concerns.

Thanks ALI, that is the one I was referring to.

I still think it can only be a good thing that Sun Angel are trying to break into the market, but the figures simply do not stack up at the moment.

I am still toying with the fluorescent versions which are pretty cool in my opinion
    Last edited by socialgiraffe; 27-02-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned the SunAngel two print system to the chap on the Magic Touch stand and whilst he was initially unsure who Sun Angel were, his colleague reminded him that the two print was the system they had tried at some point but had "issues with slipping" which I presume was when putting the paper through a second time....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just got off the phone to sunangel, I stand corrected socialgiraffe, the paper does go through the both printers. I'm going to purchase 10 sheets to give a test run on my okic610 and some wash tests. At £300 for a printer it's a possibility after my tests.