Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. heavy weight business cards
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-07-2014, 12:29 PM
  2. Wanted White metal business cards
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-06-2012, 10:35 PM
  3. Business Cards
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2011, 10:48 PM
  4. business cards
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-02-2011, 03:47 PM
  5. Get 250 Free Business Cards
    By David in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Business Cards - Let's see yours !

I am at the stage of designing my business cards - I did have some made as a temporary measure but never liked them enough to give out.. :(

I know it will take me a while to settle on my own design so I am looking for inspiration, I would love to see your business card if you have one ?

Also what is critical in a card design ?

Obviously business name and contact info:
    Website
    Phone
    facebook

But the design must stand out, be memorable and eye catching - something somebody will want to keep - a 'Work of art' in their own right !
    Colour - I need colour but as the template from the company I am using (as with any other print company) is strictly CMYK I fear I may not get the colour I am after.

so, looking for general help really.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kdmdesign_businesscards.jpg

That's our design...basic, but has all the important details.

I know you mentioned Vistaprint in another thread, but being perfectly honest I'd steer clear...in my opinion they are cheap for a reason. I'd try find a local printer, where you can see samples of various stocks, thicknesses, laminates, and get something your really happy with. After all, a business card is often the first impression somebody will get of your business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and i see FutureProject mentioned in the other thread about the size of VP cards! I had that typed in my initial post too, but on looking at Vistaprints site just now, it appears they've changed to the standard 85x55mm size...i'd still avoid them personally though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Print your own. I have a business card from Nova Chrome which is metal. I have seen them on other suppliers. Try, I think this the correct name, subi- metals. They do post on here.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aren't business cards an 80s thing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Aren't business cards an 80s thing?
    What do you use if you meet someone somewhere who wants your details? Also they make great roach papers.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my opinion that apart from carrying the essential information a business card needs to strike the right balance in terms of quality. Metal ones are very nice as are plastic (those that like credit cards). However having been the recipient of such cards I did stop and think about the cost of such cards. In the end it is the customer who is paying and as such I decided that a company which spent more than necessary on such items was not going to get my business. If it was a very up market company wanting to attract millionaires then it would be essential but this was a small company making awnings which, economics considered, had to pass on the cost to the customer. In this instance their 'flash' cards lost them about £3k worth of business.

I worked, for many years, all over the world in aviation working with/for multi million dollar company representatives/CEO/owners etc and not one had a business card that was out of the ordinary. If it's good enough for companies spending/earning millions of $$$$$ I see no need to go over the top.
    I see Vistaprint has been commented on but as long as you get your cards on a decent weight card stock I would consider them to be good value for money. If your local printer could price match or come close I would support them over any on line provider.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerC For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (11-01-2017)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No problems here with VistaPrint price/quality from our point of view - have used them for a few different things, including business cards and postcard type flyers. I judt wish they had a set rate, rather than charging little extras for basic things like uploading images.
    We have since moved to using CrayonJuice as we wanted a more bespoke solution - needed a specific size to fit in a small box, and to be landscape folding, and they were able to do it for a good price with free delivery in a couple of days.
    This need was due to our business cards also being product info cards which accompany everything we sell, to explain the brand/designs/products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Had the bright idea to get some fancy smanchy plastic cards printed before I first went to P&P years ago. Metallic silver with mirrored print, all looked the works. Only problem was the folk at the show wanted to staple the card to the enquiry form and it wouldn't go through me thick plaggy card! lol
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (11-01-2017)