Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. heavy weight business cards
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  2. Wanted White metal business cards
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-06-2012, 09:35 PM
  3. Business Cards
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2011, 09:48 PM
  4. business cards
    By smitch6 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-02-2011, 02:47 PM
  5. Get 250 Free Business Cards
    By David in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    What do you use if you meet someone somewhere who wants your details? Also they make great roach papers.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... and breath...... and..... hahahahahahahahahahahah! Class!
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always found business too thick for Roaches !

Here is the design I have settled on - posting it here to expose any glaring mistakes as I know you all have great eyes for detail:

My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It looks huge on my screen, and scaling it down to business card size, the screen grab of your design tool is so small it's a waste of space in that it doesn't communicate anything.
    Print it out actual size on your printer, and cut it into a business card, and see how it looks then - it looks like your designing the card without taking into account how big it is actually going to be when printed. Are the credit card logos big enough to read when actual size?

On a design note, I would avoid writing everything in capital letters - generally it isn't as easy to read as lower case, and is quite 'shouty' lower case is easier to read and seems more friendly.

You haven't said where you are based - some people want to support or work with local business, either from an ethics point of view, or because it's easier/quicker to do so, or they want to be able to visit you to do things in real life. Having a landline number would also be of benefit.

You appear to have quite a range of products on offer - some of which I would assume would make you more money/profit, and possibly offer something more unique than other local printers who already do things like mugs - your logo being a mug communicates that your main product focus is mugs. Whereas I would assume that offering bespoke/designer morotcycle decals would have more money making potentail for instance? - you don't want your logo to get you less work of the things that make you most money? (finding it hard to find the right words to say this how it is in my head, but I hope it makes sense!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its any help (and not against the rules) Im a print reseller and can off some good prices on cards and leaflets. If not allowed let me know and ill edit this out. :)

When i have been asked to do a new employee design (doing 3 now) Ive kept the design clean & easy.
    Just there logo & address on one side with a water marked effect, and there name email and phones on the other. They are a recycling firm and use the same design for all there staff with just changing the details. Ill ask if i can share the design.

Nik personally i think the information you are placing on your card there, should really be on a leaflet. Remember if you have got to the stage where you are handing a card over, the people are already interested in what you do. All they want is your name and how to contact you on a card.

I think you need a leaflet separate with the other information on. E.g.

Last edited by dazzul; 13-03-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    I have a short attention span.... HEY LOOK A PLANE!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd agree, our first card was just one artwork/painting on the front, full bleed, with minimal contact details on the reverse - Company Name/Logo, phone number, email and website. They already know who we are and are interested in us, and the artwork serves as a reminder. Nice and simple and clean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love the tipexed phone number so that nobody bothers you during the day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Love the tipexed phone number so that nobody bothers you during the day.
    to be honest , the cards came when I took over the company from someone else and they have his number on, I use one of them dymo printing machines to print and stick my mobile number over the top of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh heavens Nik TMI far too much information, its a business card not an A5/A4 flyer,

who are you ?
    where are you ?
    how to i get hold of you ?
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would maybe cut it to this and maybe also leave out the payment methods and the Q scan thingy or whatever you call it.

Untitled232.jpg
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.