Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. are any of the cheaper (as in 'ebay') cutters worth it?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
  2. anyone know about desktop/cheaper laser engravors?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 09:27 AM
  3. cheaper square coasters cork backed
    By Kyebie in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 10:15 AM
  4. It Just Gets Cheaper!
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cheaper press it has to be

Ok A cheaper press it has to be, if i need to replace it in a year then so be it.
    Can anyone recommend anything suitable for T-shirts n Hoodies for under £300 - £350ish

Great forum and I have learned a great deal over the last few days but I still can put my finger on a heat press that sits between the "chocolate teapot" bracket and "lifelong workhorse"

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trouble is, not that you might have to replace it sooner rather than later but the heat may not be even across the heat plate !

I had terrible trouble with my cheap press and never got to use it, I tried to press a transfer and as the press was so un-even it distorted the transfer film and ruined the transfer completely. If you MUST go the cheap route go and test the press first.
    I think I had a bad one, but the way cheaper presses work is the problem as they have an element like an oven which does not cover the whole heat plate unlike the more expensive ones which use micro coils that cover edge to edge.

I say go for it though as if I hadn't bought my cheap setup I wouldn't have done anything at all.

In any case its good to go through the cheap route just for the experience.

Good Luck, you will love it once you start producing things.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nik,

Yea I have read a few of your posts on this very subject and taken it on board.
    I guess I could push to 400ish for a decent used press but there are no decent used ones on ebay bay right now.
    My silhouette cameo cutter will be here tomorrow. Ill have to discipline myself and not be tempted to buy one for the sake of it.

Think I will go for a work around on a printer so I can buy a better press. Perhaps try one of these http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/chea...er-printers/a3
    Last edited by Markola; 26-03-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Markola. If you have £350 in the pot I think you could pick up something very decent that'll do the job you want it to do, look around the various suppliers I'm sure you'll see something that'll take your fancy at a good price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty@BMS View Post
    Hi Markola. If you have £350 in the pot I think you could pick up something very decent that'll do the job you want it to do, look around the various suppliers I'm sure you'll see something that'll take your fancy at a good price.
    I'm tempted by the two clam presses on BMS but not sure how well the larger of the two distribute the heat. Been sniffing around for some reviews of these two. the 38x38 should be big enough. but if the bigger one performs then why not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would actually prefer the smaller (and cheaper) one for doing tees, personally.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's always decent used presses on Ebay! But the good ones go quick, and you need to know what to look for.
    We bagged a PressMech off there for £50 buy-it-now the other day! ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree, I have seen loads of great presses on ebay. That was until I was ready to buy. If you find you have one too many give me a shout ;-)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There was a PressMech that ended a month ago for £109, light use too, why waste money on dodgy Chinese stuff?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never seem to find cheap decent presses on Ebay !!!
    Mimaki CG60-st cutter , Ricoh 3110 sub printer , OKi laser , Epson inkjet , 2x heat press , mug press , cap press, Flexisign pro and coreldraw X6..............and learning ...........

and now a Roland SP-300v Versacamm !!!!!!