Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. HELP!!!! - Problem with WoW 7.7
    By Gygafo in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  2. mug problem
    By guarddog14 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-11-2013, 01:16 AM
  3. Printing problem....?
    By Lee in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23-04-2011, 04:51 PM
  4. Quote for vinyl printed jacket
    By Mattie in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
  5. High Viz Jacket
    By KReid in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-11-2009, 05:23 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hi Vis Bomber Jacket Problem

has anyone else experienced an issue when printing on hi vis bomber jackets. the inside of the jacket has checkered padding and when you heat press on the back of the jacket the checker comes through visible. anyone know of a way around this?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Karlennis

Yes, had exactly that problem recently. I think the problem is that the temperature needed to sublimate will cause the dye in the stitching of the lining to "melt" and subsequently transfer to the outer hi vis material. Personally I do not think you can sublimate these jackets without being able to remove the lining, I have not tried low temperature sublimation technology as I do not know enough about it.

The only way I got round it was by finding a vinyl that presses at a much lower temperature (125 degrees to be exact). The vinyl I used in the end was Grafitype Siser Print and Cut Crystal although I think TMT Soldark Clear would also work. If you do not have a print and cut machine then look for something like 123 Flex which can either be pressed at 160 for 3 seconds or 125 degrees for 20 seconds.

The pressing temperature is the key factor here.

Probably not what you want to hear and if you find a different solution please share :-)
    Last edited by socialgiraffe; 27-03-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had some Bomber Jackets delivered, was concerned after what I read here but worry no more....

There is a Zip at the bottom of the back so I can slip it over my press with ease :) It's by 'B Seen'.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)