Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printer Profile for Epson S22
    By Jo1507 in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 05:15 PM
  2. Profile for Epson SX218?
    By totallypersonal in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-11-2011, 02:45 PM
  3. Where can I get an ICC profile for Epson D88
    By Martinx in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-01-2011, 10:59 PM
  4. ICC profile for Epson D88
    By tmp55 in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
  5. Epson 1290 Profile
    By gadgetsboy in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icc Profile for a Epson S22 Printer

Hello, I have just recently purchased a Epson S22 printer with a Ciss System with Sublimation ink, my problem is that when I print a image and press it onto the mug the colours are a lot darker and look totally different that what is on my screen. I was wondering if anyone out there would know where I can get a ICC profile for the Epson s22 as can't find one anywhere. Have even asked a few Sublimation ink suppliers if they knew but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul on here can make you one I think. I haven't had one from him myself (yet!!), but see a lot of other members speaking very highly of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is one of the downsides to using unsupported inks and printers....but as spongey has said, Paul can help you get it printing properly :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I had found this forum before buying my printer etc, I had read that the Epson s22 was okay but didn't know about the Icc profile etc. Never mind hopefully someone can maybe help me out till I can afford a better printer :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol. The S22 is a very noisy and incredibly slow printer. I set one up that I bought for something like £20 as an experiment. Ran it off and on for about a year....yep, very slow and noisy....but printed at a perfectly acceptable quality level for most work :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Paul can make you an ICC profile that will sort out your colours.
    There is no such thing as a sublimation ICC profile for the S22, as the ICC profile is dependant on the inks you use, and not every manufacturer of sublimations inks makes them the same way, so they are different colours, and this is what the ICC profile compensates for. Using the wrong profile - i.e. one made for a different ink manufacturer or different printer model can cause more problems than it solves.
    If you get a custom one made, then this profile will be unique to your unique printer, ink type, and transfer paper - so ensure you have a reliable source to be able to continue with the same inks, as if you have to change ink supplier/manufacturer then you will need a new profile.
    I would recommend buying an ink that is in branded bottles from a reputable supplier (if Ebay check feedback and history. Ask them if they have an ICC profile to see how trustworthy they are - if they say you don't need one or just "use Adobe 1998", then run a mile. A good supplier will either supply one, tell where to download it, or advise where/how to get one made.
    Paul sells his service here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help guys, Will try and contact Paul to see if he can get me a profile but the trouble is I don't know wthat brand the inks are as it came with the printer when I bought it! Will that be a problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You need to be consistent with your ink, if you change inks you'll need a specific icc.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You'll need to contact who you bought the printer on, and find out what that inks actually are.
    If he won't/can't tell you, then you're stuck. Equally, if you search and can't find any other suppliers of that ink, then I'd be wary, as you don't want to be reliant on only one supplier of your ink, as you've screwed if he stops supplying, or decides to use a different ink.

There is no point getting an ICC profile made if you can't get a consistent supply of the ink. If this is the case, you'd be best flushing the ink, and replacing it with something else before getting the profile sorted

If you do decide to change the inks out, you want to get an ink where there is a consistent supply available from a good amount of suppliers. And an ink which is in a branded recognisable bottle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help it's much appreciated. What I think I may do it to plod along with the Epson s22 for now and use the ink etc I have, don't want to waste. Then I may purchase another printer like the Ricoh with decent inks when I have the money. Does anyone know what would be the best printing settings for now so I can get going. Using a Epson s22 and Photoshop elements 10. I did print onto a mug but it was still a little dark. Would anyone know what the colour/brightness etc I could put so it would come out acceptable?