Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson 9600 printer broke - any help please?
    By GoldRapt in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 07:36 PM
  2. What heat press to use
    By Markie in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-04-2014, 01:19 AM
  3. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  4. Heat press
    By Craig in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
  5. WHICH HEAT PRESS
    By Calypso Bay in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 09:05 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heat press just broke !

the bracket that runs through the middle of my press has just completed snapped off , im guessing its going to be easier to buy a new one than repair anyone got a old one they want to sell lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is it?

If it's an Adkins like mine that 'Bracket' will be Mild Steel so you can get that repaired (Welded) quite cheap ! if it were me I would have had it repaired in a few minutes.

If it's cast, then just make a couple of plates and bolt it back together.

same if its aluminum.

get in the workshop man and get it sorted, it's simple.

OR, pay the postage from and to and I will fix it at a reasonable rate.

Depends on which press it is though - as I first asked, what is it?
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Depending on the press, depends if it's worth getting fixed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have enough work on in my workshop as it is but to help members get this type of thing fixed I can repair Mild Steel breaks for £20 (and you pay postage from and to me).

Just to give you an idea of prices - it will not be expensive to fix these problems, not whilst I am able to do it anyway.
    My website is open:

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guarddog14 View Post
    the bracket that runs through the middle of my press has just completed snapped off , im guessing its going to be easier to buy a new one than repair anyone got a old one they want to sell lol
    Did you get hold of one? I've a small flatbed you can borrow for a short while if you're stuck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mates business partner did this with theirs. When he first got it he had it set so tight you had to literally hang off it to close it. Needless to say he snapped it within a month. They just used some long bolts and bolted it back together. It did keep snapping after every 50 presses or so but guessing there's something stronger you could use than a standard bolt. If not at least it means you can still use it whilst looking for a new one