Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Hi people
    By Spike1865 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 09:40 AM
  2. reasons why people sell sublimation businesses
    By Simong12 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 10:16 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 23-08-2013, 03:06 PM
  4. These people are out there
    By purpledragon in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 03:13 PM
  5. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 17-12-2012, 09:03 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did people chose sublimation?

Total newbie and has only really looked into sublimation for last six months, watched loads of videos on YouTube, and thought give it a try as a hobby. Mother in law owns a shop so was looking into advertising the shop through mugs and bags and others stuff. but being a maintenance engineer I like to make stuff myself, so looked into it. And brought the stuff and only printed a couple of mugs and been happy with results. But since looking I didn't realise how much stuff you can sublimate.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We chose it as a way of being able to monetise my wife's artwork and designs more so than purely selling paintings - after trading on a market stall just selling art (originals and reproductions) we soon discovered that people really loved her work, but not everyone could justify spending money on something non-practical like art, or lived in rented houses/flats where they couldn't put up pictures, so we look at ways of turning her work into products that people 'needed' and would spend money on, so mugs, coasters, and phone covers soon came about.
    A few years down the line, we are now too busy to be on a market stall, and are supplying shops all over the UK with our work.
    If all your mam sees is potential for advertising her shop, she is wasting an opportunity to have her a line of products she can sell!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother in law thinks I should but I'm not sure because of quality to sell them and time to do it, I made a mug for Mother's Day and people loved it, as I put my six month old daughter on the mug, and my parents were showing everyone like people hadn't seen it before, so I suppose it couldn't of been that bad, but I thought colour wasn't good enough. I have brought a heat press aswell to do coasters and jigsaws. But not had time to use it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb First mug

image.jpg
    First mug I made. Not sure on quality.?