Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-11-2016, 07:07 PM
  2. 3D machines and their uses
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-09-2013, 09:29 PM
  3. Franking Machine Cartridges
    By R.Prints in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-08-2012, 11:22 AM
  4. Franking machines for postage
    By Mark Clayton in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 10:38 AM
  5. Badge Machines
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you get a discount with online postage also which saves a few pence per item.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use a franking machine, mainly due to the fact that you have to hire it, so that eats into your savings. I have an account with Royal Mail, and print my 1st and 2nd class image straight onto the address label. At the end of the day, I count up the packages/parcels etc, put them into sacks, go onto the Royal mail website, and log the items, print out the paper work and take them to my local post office that's it.

Royal Mail have done away with the minimum of 1000 items a year, so it suites me well. I don't have to pay out to hire a franking machine, nor for the special inks etc. Yes I do use ink, but it is little more than I would normally use. I don't have to buy special paper etc.

if you want to once you have your license from Royal mail, you can purchase the 1st and 2nd class stickers from people on ebay, I did that the first time, but found I could print straight onto the labels, so saving myself even more!!!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James, i have a brother label printer, so can i just print them straight onto that?

what kind of savings are they offering? i have just had the email through from the guy detailing the "savings" but of course its £20 a month - oh sorry £19.99 a month to hire the machine.i have copied as much as his email as possible, but to me it sounds like not doing it would make me better than a nut !

Attached Images Attached Images
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for a start I save the £19.99 per month, by not having the franking machine. Also I don't have to commit to any length of time, so if things went belly up I just cancel. I pay monthly in arrears, I get an electronic detailed invoice, and they take it by direct debit, so no having to worry about forgetting to pay etc.

My postal costs are the same as yours otherwise, they are the bog standard prices from Royal Mail.

I have heard nothing about the warning of bar codes needed, so am not sure where that has come from?

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine if you have high volumes say LL with 17p saving thats 140 a month just to break even.

£16.50 a month here http://www.pitneybowes.com/uk/shippi...g-machine.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it doesn't even cost me the £16.50 plus VAT per month, so I save that much.

Also, as I said earlier, Royal Mail have done away with their minimum amount that need to be posted, so it suits me, because I just pop the in the sacks, Royal Mail supply free of charge, put a PPI label with a cable tie, both free from RM, and just drop them off at my local Post Office, no waiting in line or anything like that. Pop the paperwork over the counter and all done and dusted in five mins!!!!

James

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James, so you get no discount on the standard RM rates ?? I must admit i just buy my LL stamps in 200's from our local post office, more when there prices are about to go up, so i rarely have to actually "use" my local post office, apart from signed for ones.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I get the franked price on all my mailings using my RM account. I don't think anyone, unless they are really sending out mega loads, get any other prices. So my mugs postage is £2.57 instead of £2.85 etc.

I used to get my stamps from my local Makro as they sell them a lot cheaper than the Post Office, but don't have to do even that now. Save quite a bit of money that way.

The only drawback, as far as I can see, is that I have to use a different sack for each type of mailing, 1st class, 2nd class, package, large letter etc. Royal Mail provide me the sacks, I just order them, and they deliver them to me, free!

James

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James, what postage code are you inputting to OBA to get a pricing of £2.57 for small parcel package? Think we're paying £3.07 at the moment first class for mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £3.07 is right for first class using the RM account at present. Well you know RM, they will raise their prices again, I expect in March!!

I use the code BPL.

Unless the customer asks for it I only use 2nd class post.

James