Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. iPhone 3D case size and corners issue
    By dorlov in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 10:15 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 02:39 PM
  3. Vinyl Tracking Solution.
    By NikGrey in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-10-2014, 03:32 PM
  4. Ricoh GXe3300N Borderless Printing Solution
    By teknokat in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 23-12-2011, 10:12 AM
  5. posting solution for large latte mugs wanted
    By fredster in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which paper are you using, Charlie? I use TruePix and have never had the staining that you're showing above. Sure, I get the staining from the camera aperture, but that's to be expected as the dye flows through the hole on to the jig, but not the staining anywhere else. It could either be that your printer is laying down too much of the ink/dye or that your paper is too thin and so it's escaping somehow. I suppose the other explanation could be that you're not pulling the heat tape tight enough, so it's allowing a tiny gap where the sublimating dye is able to escape to.

I did buy a couple of iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 jigs from someone and they came stained, but I used water and wire wool to get rid of it. It looked like years of build-up, though. I've had runs of 100+ cases at a time with no offsetting whatsoever, and I never wash my jigs. So yeah, it's likely either too much ink/dye being laid down by your printer (I use an Epson 7600) or the paper (again, I use TruePix).

Hope this helps

M

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hello ArtyGamer, I followed your instructions and they were perfect. I am very grateful to have found this information from you. Thanks very, very much.

One thing I noticed is that once I removed the paper from the case, ink was left on the jig. All the way around the jig to be more precise. After it cooled down i tried to clean it off but household cleaners don't seem to help removing this ink stain. Some of it comes off but not good enough. Perhaps I left too much extra bleed on the paper and this is what caused this problem. I am afraid if I print more cases all of them will be stained.
    I'll go to a hardware store & inquiry about a product that will remove this type of stain. Has this happen to you?

I printed a second case minutes later and the results were great again but only this time the back side of the case was stained from the ink on the jig Please see attached file for reference. I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this subject.

Thank you

Charlie Gio

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stain is because of the jig, I used to use them and had same problem. Now I use jigs from Sunfly ($22 each tho) and never had a problem with stains, I think because it's not the same material.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ArtyGamer,

Thanks very much for answering my question and for your thoughts about this issue. The paper I use is "TextPrint R" Desktop Sublimation paper.
    Have you used this brand before? Would you favor TruePix over this brand? So far, the results I get are very good. The paper my SG400 printer

came with was not so good and that's why I changed to the TextPrint R.

I am having other issues when I print phone cases now and I am attaching a file to illustrate my problem. For these cases I used a brand new iPhone 6

jig. The back side of the cases show stains. Seems to me the ink is getting thru the case? Can it be that the jig is being pre heated too long and the case
    becomes too soft and therefore the ink sinks through the plastic? I've used a few cases from different manufactures overseas (China) and they are very strong and sturdy.

Is there a brand that you can recommend and you feel may help me with this issue?

Can you share some of your thoughts on this?

Thank you once again.

Best regards

Charlie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think ink can go through the case, I think the problem is the jig again. As far as I'm concerned, I use gold jigs from Sunfly, they cost $22 each but I don't have problems with stains, probably because it's a different material than blue ones. You can PM me for more infos if you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess when you preheat jigs you put them into the machine in such a way that jigs front surface touch a silicon sheet with old ink that leaves stains.

To get rid of stains on a jig clean it with a wet cloth (water only) when it's very hot, like 120C and more.

I tested TruePix and TextPrint R paper. TruePix is thinner what makes it easier to fold. Print quality is the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi buddy your jig is a different type to what i mainly use and good for films..those ones leav stain marks at the back of the covers.....also I've experienced those jigs take less time than others ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it. I will try using different jigs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ArtyGamer,

Thanks for the detailed write-up. Would be great if you can have a look at this thread where I am seeking inputs on horizontal black lines when printing certain colours. http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...269#post118269

thx