Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. glass etching with air eraser any one tried it?
    By Limara in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-03-2018, 10:34 PM
  2. Etching
    By arko in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-04-2013, 08:39 PM
  3. Glass Etching
    By jennywren in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. Glass Etching
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-06-2011, 08:30 PM
  5. Glass etching stuff
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glass etching

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glass etching

hello

so i saw the silhouette cameo glass etching kit a couple days ago that looks really cool, but was wondering, as it's quite costly (considering i just want to do a couple for fun), can i get etching cream anywhere separately? anyone know any good brands?

thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out hobbycraft and cut some mylar sheets as stencils.
    The cheapest I could find online is here at £6.60
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try ArmorEtch. I use it for doing mirrors. I got a large tub for about £19....it is actually re-useable if you are careful which makes it go a long way!
    Heres one of my examples...

20130424_155024.jpg20130424_155115.jpg20130424_165602.jpg20130424_165628.jpg20130424_165720.jpg20130424_170148.jpg
    Last edited by arko; 24-04-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLASS-ETCH...p2054897.l5661

These guys do it..

I purchased mine a long time ago from Thyme Graphics.. but it seems there's a lot of it about now..
    Behind every great man.. is a surprised mother in law..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are excellent. I've recently experimented with this but found the stencil difficult to weed. What do you use for stencils?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used cheap sign vinyl. It was a bit tricky weeding the heart design but as they say..."patience is a virtue!"
    To view links or images in signatures your Beer count must be 10 pints or greater. You have currently drunk 15 pints!.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try that. Think I was doing my usual in that I decided to try etching and do 4 mother"s day glasses for my grand kids to give to their mum's - round glasses, small print, and lots of 'e', 'i' and 'a's etc. took 10 glasses, lots of hours and patience to get 4 acceptable but far from perfect ones. Along with sign vinyl, I'll also look for flat sided large glasses, (if they exist) my next attempt :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use etchall etching creme bought off ebay and use cheap sign vinyl for the stencil, some of the sellers say it has a few months life but I've been using this tub over 4 years it has discoloured but still works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found some of that Armour Etch HERE

I was only talking about this the other day - Glasses for Summer, and as you know when I see a new process I havent tried I have to give it a go.

Use cheap vinyl you say? ok - will do.

I was put off buying a big pot as the listing Nikki posted stated a shelf life of 1 year and knowing me I will make a bottle this size last a life time if it will allow.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would be surprised also to learn how much fun it can be by just using freestyle with the brush and and re-doing various areas for different depths to create some great effects. I have a 10oz tub which I paid £14 for and a larger one 22oz which I paid for £19 or so. I tried doing some glasses but as you can imagine unless the font is not too fancy and small, it can be a right nightmare to weed. This is actually a very very cheap hobby to get into with very little outlay but which if tajken a step further can reap huge benefits.

edit... forgot to add that this is where I got my cream from..... http://www.jacksonsart.com/search.ph...tock=0&x=0&y=0