Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mono Printer
    By socialgiraffe in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-11-2014, 12:19 PM
  2. Best laser printer for laser transferes ?
    By logobear in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-03-2014, 09:28 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 06:22 AM
  4. Mono Laser printer
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-05-2011, 10:52 AM
  5. Buy one get one free, mono laser printer
    By Kaz in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Laser Printer Needed (Mono).

I need a printer just to make negatives, so it needs to print BLACK - so no light penetrates it at all.

The problem is I need to print onto Film, to make negatives - my Ricoh's will not recognise the film.. had all sorts of problems today, tried all sorts but now realise it's not worth the hassle and I certainly don't want to put one of my beloved Ricoh's out of action.

So I think the best course of action is to find a Laser Printer.

Found an OKI B2200 for £35 and wondering if anyone knows this machine (and any possible problems it has) or if anyone can recommend an alternative ?
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do also look at the toner cart costs along with the actual price of the printer - try and work out the TCO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if you got a black from a laser printer that no light penetrates when producing a neg.
    I use an old Minolta 2300DL to produce positives to make screens for screen printing, and get good results - but its not as dense as a camera posi would be, and for a full background, or neg, it would struggle. I still have to touch my posi's in with a touch up pen for large solids.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The toners for this Oki are inexpensive, chips are readily available too.

The reason I thought a Laser printer would be good for this John is because you can set the 'Blackness' (searching for the correct term here) - for what I saw yesterday there was no way I was going to get anywhere close to black with the Ricoh's - I found 'Postcard - High Quality' to lay down the most ink and that was no where near enough.

I just purchased this Oki for testing, its £35 so not a lot lost - in any case I will find another use for it if this idea fails.

Everything else with this project is coming together - I didnt expect to have this problem but if it were that straight forward there would be no fun in it..
    My website is open:

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the negs going to be used for?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For exposing stamp plates, polymer stamps.
    My website is open:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always use an inkjet printer and folex opaque transparency sheets. You'd maybe get a better black.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nik

How about cutting vinyl or any similar opaque material as a neg?

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too small to weed and probably too intricate for a plotter - stamp size. If it was possible the material to use would be something like amber.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little Oki arrived - still no where near good enough at producing a negative.

Is smoke supposed to come out of the top of the printer when printing? It smells like burning electronics..

I have never seen a printer print as fast as this little thing - really happy with it for the price but I still cant make negatives.

Just tried printing on some Acetate with my Richo - this is the best result so-far but still not good enough - going to order some of the opaque paper John suggested next and whilst waiting for that to arrive I will get some spray mount and work on getting the 'imageblack' film I have through the Ricoh.
    My website is open: