Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. what a nightmare
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-11-2013, 05:24 PM
  2. Nightmare
    By TonyM in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
  3. Pencil case nightmare!
    By Ann in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 09:52 AM
  4. My 'nightmare' weed ......
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 20-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  5. D120 nightmare
    By Georgestreets in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 27-03-2011, 06:38 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghosting - Double Image nightmare

Hi guys
    Im back with a brand new problem i cannot fiX...

Two months ago i started sublimating flip flops with my chinese flat clamshell heat press. Everything was perfect that time, 90% of flip-flops with no ghosting using only two pieces of thermal tape on sides. 200º and 60 sec, nothing else.
    We are producing flip-flops again but we are having serious problems with ghosting... We are using same temperature, thermal tape, pressure.. but 80% of stuff is useless because this ghosting.

So we are paying attention to things we never watched before... Heating plate moves a little ( seller says its normal, they sent us a video of producing stuff and their heat plates moves too ), we are using glue spray, we have try other timing-temp settings ( 180º & 90sec - 165º & 120sec )... But still having problems

Some things have changed; like temperature: in this side of Spain now is 10degrees hotter than two months ago...

Any ideas? we are really frustrated and lost about this.

We can attach videos or pictures if somebody asks.

Thanks a lot and regards from Spain
    Find our atwork at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When you open up the press, the pressure change/vacuum effect can lift the paper from the substrate, and ghosting can be the result. Using spray adhesive can help (we use 3M 75) and very gently/slowly opening up the press can also help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again

pisquee: We have been using 505 spray from the beginning, and we can say is good enough for this.
    The thing is that with thins stuff like iphone cases is fine, but with flip flops is a nightmare.
    We try to do it really slow when the press opens up; we have tried different pressures... nothing works
    And one important thing: Ghosting always appears in the same part of the flipflops.
    Any ideas?
    Find our atwork at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Maybe there isn't enough pressure during the actual pressing if it's the same area of the flipflops having the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kasoaparte View Post
    Hi guys
    Im back with a brand new problem i cannot fiX...

Two months ago i started sublimating flip flops with my chinese flat clamshell heat press. Everything was perfect that time, 90% of flip-flops with no ghosting using only two pieces of thermal tape on sides. 200º and 60 sec, nothing else.
    We are producing flip-flops again but we are having serious problems with ghosting... We are using same temperature, thermal tape, pressure.. but 80% of stuff is useless because this ghosting.

So we are paying attention to things we never watched before... Heating plate moves a little ( seller says its normal, they sent us a video of producing stuff and their heat plates moves too ), we are using glue spray, we have try other timing-temp settings ( 180º & 90sec - 165º & 120sec )... But still having problems

Some things have changed; like temperature: in this side of Spain now is 10degrees hotter than two months ago...

Any ideas? we are really frustrated and lost about this.

We can attach videos or pictures if somebody asks.

Thanks a lot and regards from Spain
    Can you confirm what you mean by "ghosting"? I assumed this to be something like a double image which would be caused by the paper lifting and repositioning when hot, but I'm wondering if this "ghosting" is something different. Can you explain or post a picture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ey guys
    Sorry, i was offline.
    Finally i fixed the problem. It was about pressure.
    Last time we made flipflops we use a medium pressure, but this time ( 2 months later and pretty much hotter ) we had to decrease the pressure and temperature and increase timing.
    Everything is perfect now.
    I suppose this kind of facts can be very important in sublimation process; pay attention guys!

Thanks to everyone that replied :-)
    Find our atwork at