Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Grafityp Garment & Textile Materials Workshop
    By mr-gobby in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-04-2015, 08:31 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-12-2014, 10:39 PM
  3. Tips for workshop layout please.
    By Flash in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xpres i believe also will help guide you at their hq - you can lessen the wastage costs by cutting certain things up like mousemats etc, but for mugs, expect to loose a few before you get them right - take some of your printed sheets with you can see if it is your print that is at fault and also your mugs, it would help on here if you posted up images of some that you have pressed already so others can comment on them
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the mugs from?
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just print a small area of a mug, then you can use it for several tests.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    xpres i believe also will help guide you at their hq - you can lessen the wastage costs by cutting certain things up like mousemats etc, but for mugs, expect to loose a few before you get them right - take some of your printed sheets with you can see if it is your print that is at fault and also your mugs, it would help on here if you posted up images of some that you have pressed already so others can comment on them
    Hi Mrs Maggot (love the name and avatar), thank you for the reply. I had a loo around the xpres site "http://www.xpres.co.uk" but couldn't find any training or workshops? I have shared some images on my other thread seeking help http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...AC-OS-X-10-9-3

I will have a few other attempts tomorrow with different timings. What are the affects of too long or too short in the press and too high or low temperatures on the images???

Thanks again Keith

Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Where did you get the mugs from?
    I was recommend to BMS Limited http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...ation-mugs.htm this where the mugs came from.... Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by gorgall2 View Post
    Just print a small area of a mug, then you can use it for several tests.
    Hi Gorgall2, I didn't realise you could print on a mug more than once, I assumed that the heat reaction between the mug and the print would affect the special coating???? I will try this for various temperatures and timings to see if it makes a difference? Thanks Keith

If I attach the image would anyone be willing to try and print it themselves to see what they get? Not sure how I would do that?
    Last edited by Paul; 09-06-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: please try to keep them all in one post for more comfortable reading :) thank you. paul

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Keith

BMS mugs are very good so that is not the problem.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Hi Keith

BMS mugs are very good so that is not the problem.
    Thanks SocialGiraffe, one thing eliminated!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Coppuck View Post
    Hi Mrs Maggot (love the name and avatar), thank you for the reply. I had a loo around the xpres site "http://www.xpres.co.uk" but couldn't find any training or workshops? I have shared some images on my other thread seeking help http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...AC-OS-X-10-9-3

I will have a few other attempts tomorrow with different timings. What are the affects of too long or too short in the press and too high or low temperatures on the images???

Thanks again Keith

I was recommend to BMS Limited http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...ation-mugs.htm this where the mugs came from.... Any good?

Hi Gorgall2, I didn't realise you could print on a mug more than once, I assumed that the heat reaction between the mug and the print would affect the special coating???? I will try this for various temperatures and timings to see if it makes a difference? Thanks Keith

If I attach the image would anyone be willing to try and print it themselves to see what they get? Not sure how I would do that?
    Hi All, here's a link to my first mug. Any tips on why it's so blurred?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/222516...7644796097580/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    maybe to much pressure? maybe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    maybe to much pressure? maybe...
    Hi Paul, thanks again for the help. I think I will just have to bite the bullet and waste a few sheets of paper and mugs. So:

Different temperatures
    Different durations
    Different pressures

The supplier (BMS) recommendation was "Press at 180 degrees Celsius for 3 minutes" http://www.printerowners.co.uk/subli...ation-mugs.htm which is what I used for this one. What is the best way to check I have the correct image and print settings?

Cheers,

Keith

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to drop your temp down to 170c for ricoh gel ink and we all have wasted mugs and other blanks before getting our settings right lots of trial and error.
    Once you've got your setting right there will be days where you'll be kicking yourself cus you've put the image on the mug upside down and the other odd silly thing but its all part of the joy of sublimation.
    Last edited by galerion; 16-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.