Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Phone case help
    By Jollyware in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-03-2015, 11:23 AM
  2. personalised phone case
    By guarddog14 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-02-2014, 10:23 PM
  3. Phone Case Prints
    By Karen. in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-03-2013, 08:39 PM
  4. HTC Phone case
    By Dezignwar in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-04-2012, 04:25 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple phone case prints

Hi there. After getting the hang of printing mugs (with a fair bit of help from Paul!) I have decided to get some phone case in to try. After pressing a few test cases they all came out fine. I am however running into some issues printing multiple cases off on the one document, to save paper and all that!

Every time I create a mug template I just use copy and paste to get the image over onto another document where I can get 3 mug wraps on. When it comes to doing the same for a phone template I find when I copy them over it doesn't show them in the correct size, it shrinks them badly. I never have this issue with mugs and wondered if I was just making a obvious mistake in Photoshop.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Luke

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Luke,

Check the size of the copy image (in pixels) vs. the size of the area in PS you want to copy it to. Crop the area in PS, then go image->image size to check the size that the copied image needs to be.
    It could be that the image you want to copy is much smaller, but looks the same size on the screen esp. if PS view option is set to "fit to screen".

Karen

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Make sure that the resolution of each document is the same - the size will get changed if copying pasting between documents of different resolutions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.

I am sorry but I am not 100% sure what you're both saying, im not the greatest on Photoshop.

I create a document for multiple mug wraps, it is 8.5 wide and 11 height. (inches) That is my size of paper I use, it fits 3 mug wraps per sheet. I use a mug template and just copy and paste them to this sheet once completed. They all copy over absolutely fine.

However if I create a smaller document, for example 1.5 x 2.5 inches for keyrings. When I come to copy and paste this over to that same template page (the size of my paper) it doesnt appear correctly. I could fit a lot of keyring prints on this page if they copied over correctly. Occasionally this happens with mobile templates too.

Would it be possible to explain what I MAY be doing wrong and what to do to correct it, in steps or very simple terms :P

Thanks again :)

Luke

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Image tab
    Pixel Dimensions *
    Document size - Resolution*

* indicates the bits to alter...the best way is youtube and fiddle. 30 minutes and you will be sorted forever

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Janners says the PS image tab is important here.
    As a simple example: If image size is set to 10 x 10 inches & resolution is 300dpi it will take an imported image 3000pixels x 3000px (i.e 10 inches x 300dpi) to fill the page. Anything smaller will import smaller than your page.
    It's the combination of page size & resolution vs. imported image size that determines whether the imported image is smaller or bigger than the PS page. Too big is better as you can use PS to scale the imported image to fit.

I try to run with at least 300dpi for my combo (I print photographs using a Ricoh). You can get away with less depending on what picture type & substrate you are printing onto.

Once you have found what works for your style of printing stick with it.

Karen