Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Thread: typography

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typography

Hiya

had all my equipment delivered last week, been practicing like mad all weekend,
    I have had a few enquiries for typography on mugs and coasters and I really like the
    designs, does anyone do these already and is there a special software I need

thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Neil,

Typography is a design concept which really needs the inner designer in you to produce the output! there is software that will do the basics for you but you still have to a artistic mind to be able to make it look good! so in a nutshell there is a cheap good luck with it and don't hold out hope or a if you can draw and design then you stand a chance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best vector program on the market is Adobe Illustrator, this is within in Adobe CC http://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud.html which can be purchased yearly/monthly. Sometimes using sites like http://www.dafont.com/ can help with a style of font you require. As FM said Typography is an Art, its taught on a lot of Graphic Design courses at college. You don't have to use Illustrator, for example Silhouette have there own software to use with the Cameo Cutter. Or there are programs like Coral Draw. You could even use word or powerpoint... Good Luck...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reply I have got Corel draw 7 so will have a play with that, had all my equipment about a week now
    so just getting used to it all