Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Please any help appreciated
    By andye in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 09:40 AM
  2. Wordpress website - Advice appreciated
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19-01-2013, 07:36 PM
  3. Hello again + a little advice would be appreciated
    By Burrelly7 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-08-2012, 01:04 PM
  4. Trying to match two fonts - help appreciated?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
  5. China Mugs - Any advice?
    By Justin in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with magenta transferring on mugs. Any advice appreciated!

Hey all. I have been having problems transferring the magenta on to mugs. All I am getting is yellow or a light green in place of any magenta based colour. Has anyone had any similar problems please? I am not sure if it is the ink or the transfer time (although I have tried different times and nothing seems to work). I was also wondering whether it was the way the printer was set up but it seems to print the colour on the paper ok. (I am using a Ricoh Aficiio SG 3110DN and using Serif Drawplus). Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    Hey all. I have been having problems transferring the magenta on to mugs. All I am getting is yellow or a light green in place of any magenta based colour. Has anyone had any similar problems please? I am not sure if it is the ink or the transfer time (although I have tried different times and nothing seems to work). I was also wondering whether it was the way the printer was set up but it seems to print the colour on the paper ok. (I am using a Ricoh Aficiio SG 3110DN and using Serif Drawplus). Thank you.
    My guess is that you have put the original inks into the printer not sublimation ink. What is the brand of ink you are using? If it is just a black cartridge then this is the original inks which don't print onto mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    My guess is that you have put the original inks into the printer not sublimation ink. What is the brand of ink you are using? If it is just a black cartridge then this is the original inks which don't print onto mugs.
    Thank you. They are the ones that came with the printer as I bought it online but they are marked sublimation inks. The cartridges are black though! The rest of the colours transfer but not magenta. I thought that it was me doing something wrong but that has put my mind at rest, thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. They are the ones that came with the printer as I bought it online but they are marked sublimation inks. The cartridges are black though! The rest of the colours transfer but not magenta. I thought that it was me doing something wrong but that has put my mind at rest, thanks.
    i read you your post that just a yellow or light green was transferring. So you can get blacks, blues, yellow, green but no reds/ magenta? Is there a label on the cartridge which indicates a brand on the black cartridge?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    presume you took the air plug out on that colour

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    i read you your post that just a yellow or light green was transferring. So you can get blacks, blues, yellow, green but no reds/ magenta? Is there a label on the cartridge which indicates a brand on the black cartridge?
    yes. I suspect they are just refilled Ricoh cartridges now so who's to know what brand! Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    presume you took the air plug out on that colour
    haha Yes. It is printing onto paper but just not transferring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One for Trading Standards then if they are selling something marked sublimation inks but are not. SubliJetR inks are around £175 +vat (RRP) for a full set but you can get a new SG3110 and a full set of SubliJetR inks for under £250 +vat. I'd be inclined to call your supplier this morning for their comments...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't say if magenta is printing onto the paper, only that it is not transferring.

Have you tried printing a standard printer test page. It will have the RGB colours made by mixing Cyan, Magenta Yellow and it will also print CMY separately (on most printers). You can see if the magenta cartridge is having nozzle difficulties, which of course will also affect magenta based colours.

Then, if the works, and your mixed (RGB) colours and your black, and your CMY all print ok, try pressing onto say a scrap of polyester.

If the Magenta is printing ok onto the paper but not transferring onto the polyester, you probably have the wrong ink.
    If all the other colours are printing, even if RGB looks weird, and Cyan and Yellow and Black are printing, you might have a sick print head or partly clogged nozzles.