Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. pink edge
    By arti in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 01:57 PM
  2. Mug Paper - Can you print edge to edge?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 04:07 PM
  3. Mug Printing Black turning Gold and Red turning Orange Please help
    By cornwall0410 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 29-09-2013, 05:22 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-07-2013, 06:33 PM
  5. Pink/white umbrella
    By JOSI74 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 09:10 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White paper on the edge of mug print turning pink!!

Hi,

I have printed tonnes of mugs without any problems. I have been using true pix paper for ages. I have just started using it on my large format 24" epson 7890 instead of my little Ricoh a 4 printer. Same brand just different size. All of a sudden the white paper round the edges has started to turn pink when pressed onto the mug. Any ideas? I'm using sawgrass ink in both machines and the standard bms mug press. I have changed from love cut mugs to coral graph, but I don't think that should cause this problem, but not 100 percent sure on that. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Photomouse,

Can you clarify - is the mug turning pink as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Skye,

Yes where the white edge of the paper is pressing onto the mug the mug is turning pink. I've tried trimming very close to the edge but the little bit thats left is leaving a pink edge. I've never had this before. There is no ink on the white paper at all. Have you had this problem before?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Photomouse,

I've heard of a blue tint (threads on here earlier in the year). It can be caused by a mismatch between ICC profile & printer settings. see http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum...highlight=blue.

How do you press your mugs? Others have had edge tints when the wraps needed cleaning.

Now that you're printing with the Epson are you using sawgrass Powerdriver or ICC profiles? What software are you printing from?

Are white areas within your pic turning pink as well as the edge? Can you post a pic of the mug?

Karen

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had this with the RN-coated mugs from Subli.co.uk but never with the mugs from BMS. If I end up cutting the paper to the size of the image then the ceramic where there's NOT been any paper will invariably take on a slightly pinkish hue. What I did to get around it was just to allow for 1cm of white space above and below the print so that the paper bleeds off the top and bottom edge of the mug. This is with a vacuum press. Like I said though, I've only had it with the RN mugs from Subli.