Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug press or 3d vacuum machine?
    By Cd1986 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-05-2016, 08:59 PM
  2. MUG HELP!!!!!! 3D Vacuum Sublimation Machine
    By Hollyanna in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-05-2016, 08:54 PM
  3. 3D Vacuum Heat Press - new model ST-2030
    By pawelz in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 17-05-2016, 05:23 AM
  4. 3D Mini Vacuum Machine
    By dowfer in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-02-2015, 03:45 PM
  5. 3d sublimation vacuum machine any advice
    By jennywren in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-10-2014, 09:48 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chinese vacuum machine - which model to get?

I'm planning on getting one of the chinese made vacuum presses at some point soon. I understand the same manufacturer has two models, one bigger one (usually red) and a small newer one.

I would be using it mainly for phone cases but also mugs. To me the bigger one seems more practical as it can sublimate many cases at once and also has the capability to take larger items like tablet covers. But maybe the smaller model is better, I think I read somewhere the bigger model is being discontinued?

Anyone who has these machines what advice would you give? Also if anyone has both which one would you recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Plenty of recent discussions on the new Mini 3D machines in this very section :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have the larger machine model "st3042". I can see the practicality of the smaller one but for me, it just looks to fiddly compared to the large machine (not tried it but have watched the videos etc). I only produce phone cases right now but the large machine gives me options for doing larger objects which could come in handy.

It also easy to purchase just about any spare component for it from my supplier. I'm not sure how easy the other machine is for spares, perhaps others could comment on that.

I guess it depends on your use but my next purchase will likely be another one of the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any experience with this manufacturer?

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am new to the wonderful world of sublimation.
    I have looked at numerous threads on this forum and I have looked at various reviews and recommendations for 3D sublimation machines.

I am starting up and now looking at Microtec Technologies 3D sublimation machine Vacuum III (http://www.szmicrotec.com/product/pr...1#.U5pAs5SSzd8).
    The price quoted sounds fair (about $US402 + delivery charge which is around $US300 by fedex to Melbourne Australia).

Before I place my order, does anybody on here has experience with this company and/or with their sublimation machines?
    I saw a review of such a machine in the forum but the reviewer did not provide the name of the manufacturer hence, I would not know if this is the same machine or is not.

Here is what I am planning at this stage which obviously is a micro scale -
    3D machine (will get it directly from China)
    A few jigs for mobile phones which I will get from Microtec as well (perhaps you could recommend me which jigs/phone models I should get)
    Ricoh printer from Australian supplier
    Sublimation paper (either import TruPix or find a reputable substitute for a realistic price here in Australia)
    Sawgrass inks

Thanks in advance,
    Richard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAu View Post
    Hello, I am new to this forum and I am new to the wonderful world of sublimation.
    I have looked at numerous threads on this forum and I have looked at various reviews and recommendations for 3D sublimation machines.

I am starting up and now looking at Microtec Technologies 3D sublimation machine Vacuum III (http://www.szmicrotec.com/product/pr...1#.U5pAs5SSzd8).
    The price quoted sounds fair (about $US402 + delivery charge which is around $US300 by fedex to Melbourne Australia).

Before I place my order, does anybody on here has experience with this company and/or with their sublimation machines?
    I saw a review of such a machine in the forum but the reviewer did not provide the name of the manufacturer hence, I would not know if this is the same machine or is not.

Here is what I am planning at this stage which obviously is a micro scale -
    3D machine (will get it directly from China)
    A few jigs for mobile phones which I will get from Microtec as well (perhaps you could recommend me which jigs/phone models I should get)
    Ricoh printer from Australian supplier
    Sublimation paper (either import TruPix or find a reputable substitute for a realistic price here in Australia)
    Sawgrass inks

Thanks in advance,
    Richard
    I purchased the same machine/blanks/jigs from Microtec and they were very helpful. Kept me up-to-date on my order progress and I received exactly what I ordered with no issues.
    The machine you are looking at is the ST3042. So far I have had no issues with it, but I did order every spare I could (from hoses to circuit boards and vacuum pump) in case of any problems.

For phone models I suggest you research your area to find the most popular models.

Cheers,
    John.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ucase

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've decided to go for the larger machine too. Judging from the YouTube videos it does look less fiddly to use and more efficient if needing to print a lot of cases (or mugs). The small machine though has the advantage of being quite a bit cheaper and also it has a special tray for film which might produce better results than the silicone membrane, I'm not sure.

I'm worried about it breaking though even if I had the spares I'm not sure if I would be able to replace for example a circuit board! Or even manage to figure out what part had broken...

I'm considering getting the machine from a seller on aliexpress with good reviews, they offer a package deal including pucks blanks etc. But will look up Microtec too.

Something I'm concerned about is getting the front lip of the case to print with this machine. I've seen quite a few photos of 3d printed cases where a white edge is visible when looking at the phone from the front. Ucase, do you manage to get this part of the case to print with the technique you are using? Also, in general, what's your rate of failed cases if any?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Richard,

Getting the ST-3042 is fine, the machine has worked well for me for 8-9 months. No problem honestly other than tearing silicon sheet and an issue once with the touch panel.

However, I do recommend you to procure the cases from other supplier because I've had higher defect rates with their cases. By defect, I mean cases that do not fit the phone...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the defects of the cases not fitting have to do with cooling techniques.