Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Stahls Auto Open or DK20S
    By liannef in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 03:31 PM
  2. Chips not recognised Epson D120
    By GoonerGary in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auto reset chips

Hi everyone,

I have been working with sublimation for around a month, and in this time I have come across a constant struggle with my Epson XP-315. The dreaded refill issue.

I have tried three sets of cartridges now, and all of them claim to have auto reset chips. Yet every time the ink gets low for the first time, I am unable to get the printer to read the cartridge as full, despite refilling.

I have tried turning the printer off for 10 minutes and turning it back on, then reinstalling the carts. I have tried simply removing and reinstalling. I have tried wiping the chips with a cloth. Nothing seems to work.

I have been looking on eBay to try and get a chip resetter, but it seems like they are hard to get hold of for this specific printer.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a simple trick that I should be doing to reset these chips? Any help would be great as I have once again ran out of blue and magenta and I would like to carry on working over the bank holiday weekend.

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about the XP 315 carts but I use refill carts in a sx 218 and a dx 4400 which have 2 round connections at the top of the chip that you short out with a paper clip if they don't reset

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones I use have 9 metal connectors I think. 4 at the top, 5 at the bottom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mine are 4 at the bottom and 3 at the top then 2 above to reset if it doesn't reset automaticly I suggest the best way is to contact the supplier to find if there is a reset option or a chip re-setter available

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info. I've already contact the place of purchase and they seem to have no idea what the problem is. They gave me another pack for free, assuming that the first set were defective, however I'm having the same problem again... So confusing.