Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Got myself a Stahls press
    By Mark in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
  2. Sold Flat heat Press ( T Shirt press )
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 08:36 PM
  3. Problems with a Stahls Heat Press
    By Zipdorf in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-12-2012, 04:32 PM
  4. Ricoh 3300, flat press, mug press complete setup
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 11:06 AM
  5. Stahls Hotronix MX300 mug press
    By IPM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 05:48 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stahls or Adkins Flat Press

Need to buy something this week! I don't want to spend much more than £600 and looking at the Stahls Maxx 28x38cm (£600), Stahls Clam Basic (£420) or the basic Adkins small Clam Press (£545)

Sorry I can't quote the original poster, but someone on here had a good point; buy a £1000 quality press which lasts 10 years or the cheaper £200 press which lasts 2 years, all of them still cost £100 a year! Which all makes sense, but it's down to how well they operate on a day to day basis. So which one of the above is going to let me down in 5 years time and has smooth operation?

The only thing I don't know about these presses is which one will print thin and thick materials? I'll be printing small 1mm metal door plaques and glass/ ceramic coasters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    All decent presses, Adkins would be my choice and as a Premium Member you'll get a discount with Xpres :-) I prefer the swing away but appreciate your budget here. Will you be printing any thicker items? if so, this may be an issue.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same choice a couple of months ago and ended up with an ex demo Adkins Beta from Xpres. Way over my budget but I will get 10+ years of consistent operation. I print on a variety of items including subli slate which is quite thick. The height adjustment range is not very generous but at its max, and using a 1.5mm silicon mat, the pressure is very firm and the slates work really well. If I ever have need to do plaques, acrylic etc then it would be a fairly simple task to build a new lower platform and increase the gap.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In an ideal world it would have been an Adkins Beta Mini Swing, but I simply don't have the space, plus with so many consumables to buy in bulk I can't justify that expense. Perhaps when the flat press products earn a profit I can re-consider.

Stahls Clam basic or the Adkins clam basic, both Chinese built to spec, is one of them just more overpriced than the other?

Iron Maiden or Metallica? Trying to decide who's better..it's too much for my brain and I've only one beer left.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially I had decided on the Adkins studio versa press as it is backed by a well known manufacturer (so is the Stahls), it is modular so saves buying a mug press and they were offering 10% discount. Neither company is going to sell a poor quality machine and spares will be readily available. Having scoured this forum for information before purchasing it seems that thicker items are best printed on a swing away so the clam style, unless it has a floating head, may not be the ideal choice.

Pink Floyd for me....

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They played Live at Pompei 1971 concert the other night, such an amazing performance.