Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press
    By Zipdorf in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
  2. Ricoh 3300, flat press, mug press complete setup
    By Titan Print Studio in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2012, 12:06 PM
  3. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  4. Wanted plate press - latte press- vinyl cutter wanted
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 07:01 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best mug press?

HI Guys- First post here!

We're sublimation printers based in Lancs. We run a tidy fleet of 6 Adkins dual mug press (s) and 2 Chinese mug presses. The Adkins are great machines and we love them. Hassle free and the heat is nice and even around the mug.

We want a heat press which reduces the gap between the handle and design. Currently its about 0.8 inches... Pretty big and can be annoying when people want to colour the full mug. I've seen some other mugs in the market and the gap between design and handle is extremely close at about 1 CM. Which press and has anyone used / seen something like this before.

Any questions please let me know!

PS: We use Xpres 5013 mugs

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. We can do closer than 0.8 Inch BUT can cause some problems on larger runs when the element runs out near the edge of the press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I use the Adkins single head presses (would love to try the dual head) and obviously have the same issue. I don't tend to find it a problem but would like to get closer if possible. My press closes right up to the handle so in theory it looks like I could get closer...but can't. I agree, full wrap can look odd and so I avoid full putting a small gap top and bottom to complement the gaps adjacent the handle.

We've discussed printing under the handle recently on here and a couple of ideas were mentioned. I bought a sublimation mug whilst on holiday (which is usually a no no buying someone elses!) but wanted to look at it as it was printed right under, it does look good.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleverprintinguk View Post
    Oh. We can do closer than 0.8 Inch BUT can cause some problems on larger runs when the element runs out near the edge of the press.
    So is the problem that the heat doesn't reach the outer edge?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heat press is fantastic for the rim to the bottom of the mug and makes printing top to bottom a breeze!

Yep ours closed right to the handle. but sadly struggles to get anywhere near with the heat. Called Adkins and they say the heat press can't get any closer than what we currently do :( It's a little disappointing!

I think maybe a mug oven would make getting closer to the handle alot easier?

Cheers! :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I was never happy with the mug ovens tbh but you may get a little closer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. Although I am new to mug sublimation I must say that I have tried three ovens and conclusion was - stick with a mug press unless you use the mini vacuum from say BMS. Mini vacuum is very small but fits four mugs and kept perfect temperature. I also tried the new andrewjames (hinged) halogen oven and counter top convection oven but both had unreliable temperature controls and mug heating was so inconsistent that I threw more mugs away than selling. So although in theory you could potentially get closer to handle, the chances are the sublimation may not be consistent so financially may lose you money in time and stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've never tried a mug over but time and time again, more bad feedback is coming. I think we'll stick to he mug press and hopefully find a solution soon!

Cheers all