Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. i need mugs.....lots of mugs...at least a quote for lots of mugs !!
    By giftsne in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
  2. latte mugs & bone china mugs
    By hakuna in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-02-2011, 08:06 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mugs for pet shops

Down south here in the tropics (Brazil) it seems that people are quite willing to spend decent amounts money on their pets and pet-related items.
    Looking at personalized mugs of their favourite pooches and moggies, I wonder what the prevailing trend is in the UK: a "good" quality pic plus pet name, or something with a more cartoonish approach (pic of pet, plus some vector shapes of doggie bones etc etc).
    Printing from someone's supplied image off an iPhone I think tends to force you to use the pic twice so as to keep it small enough with still a decent quality (although a blur is a blur is a blur), but hoping to work with better quality images straight off the bat, I am looking at the following type of examples:
    _DSC9937.jpgtwixw.jpgMELw.jpgmel2w.jpg
    The last one is from an iPhone.

Would anyone care to chip in with the honest opinion on these samples?
    ..I can take it!

Thanks
    Doug

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally speaking I think your mugs are much better quality than a lot of the pet mugs I see here in the uk, much more personal to use a customers own photo(s) for the whole mug rather than using a template - nothing much personal about a template that loads of other people have already.

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Arthur - much appreciated. I'm just a newbie in the sublimation field, trying to get going. My intention is to look at what is available in Europe or the States and try to emulate it here, if it is not already present.

Cheers
    Doug

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I run a charity for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. We sublimate cartoon style characters and random photos of the breed. My difficulty is the Cavalier comes in four different colours so I have to do everything four times over! We also advertise personalised mugs, this does not seem to be so successful. When we attend shows, generally speaking we sell out of all types of mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you print at the shows

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tania. Oddly enough here there has been a lot of enthusiasm for the personalized samples that I have left in various pet shops, but it seems once the people get home and then have to remember "that" pic to email, they tend to leave it "until later".
    Cartoon style mugs I think I will not venture into - at least for the mo' - but thanks for your info - much appreciated.

ArferMo, if you were asking me, then no, I do not print at shows - too much stuff to lug around in my opinion, although having said that, you HAVE given me an idea that I might just check out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support a dog charity and make mugs so they can sell them at the shows, car boots ect.I have a set of mug with I love ..... and either the pet or a breed picture
    Directdesignsupplied.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our mug say I (red heart) my..... with a silhouette tgen a picture of their dog on the other side