Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tips on mug printing
    By TailoreChocs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 10:27 AM
  2. Tips for returns
    By dazzul in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-07-2015, 12:22 PM
  3. Coreldraw Tips
    By Rob86 in forum Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-06-2010, 11:48 PM
  4. hits and tips
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any tips on how to do coasters?

Hi all. After providing mugs now for a short while I am wondering whether we venture into coasters as an additional sell. I presume we only need a small flat press but if anyone has any suggestions on presses as well as best type of coasters to use then it would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unisub coasters are great quality, but if you are doing promotional jobs, it's all about cost, so you might want to try the cheaper coasters. As for presses, swing away and clam shell will do the job, but most say that swing away will provide a more even pressure. A silicone covered platen will be safer on the edges of the coasters which may get damaged.

I've been trying to buy a press for months for coasters and have had to return them all, so I will not give any advice just yet!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. Thanks for post and good info. Although perhaps we can both gain some flat press advice from others if you have been having problems in finding a good press for coasters. Kind regards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After trying a Coralgraph press and an Adkins Studio Versa, it was down to either a Stahls Hotronix or the Clam basic, but in the end I purchased an Insta 201 this afternoon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a cheap small coralgraph bought new, and large shulze bought second hand and a larger pressmech bought new. All press uniformly and knock out unisub coasters without problem.
    Read into that what you will.
    The coralgraph plates did not align uniformly but a few washers as spacers saw that sorted and hey it's cheap. It is now the press I use for ideas and quick jobs not involving large quantities. Uniform in heat and excellent value.
    The shulze bought second hand, appeared inconsistent in printing, found a broken weld that wasn't at all obvious. Weld fixed great large press and uniform heat.
    Pressmech.....love it, enough said.

Coasters are nice to print...because they are easy and that has to be good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a super response so thank you. The cheaper coralgraph press seems to be currently out of stock but at £120 then it may be worth waiting until their shipment arrives mid October. Time for Christmas pressing! Out of interest have you ever used a press from Sublimagic especially the one which lifts the upper press part when timer hits zero? They seem to be UK designed with a massive 5 year warranty. One last question due to having no knowledge on pressing. Does it really matter between a clam or swingaway? Thanks ever so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clam/swingaway biggest difference is with the swing away its easier to get an even pressure on thick items

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for giving a good reason for difference. I have found a possible contender for a low cost swing press and wondered if anyone has an opinion on this model http://artechgraphics.co.uk/heat-pre...eat-press.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry , not heard of them - do their prices include VAT (guessing not)

As you are in Bournemouth, why not try http://www.printerowners.co.uk/

Always helpful and I'm sure they will demo anything you are interested in

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The cheap presses are fine to get you started, depending on your output. I'm guessing you won't be doing 100's straight away :-) I have the £100 Coralgraph and it's a cracking little press. Build quality isn't close to my Adkins or Pressmech but for that money I wouldn't expect it. Get yourself going on one of these and then upgrade as your budget allows. Clam press would be fine for coasters but if you can get a little swing away all the better.

Might be worth checking out other companies such as Longforte, they do cheaper presses as well. If you join the forum as a Premium Member you'll get 10% off with them...as well as discounts with other suppliers.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!