Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-07-2015, 10:58 AM
  2. Can I use other sublijet ink other than sawgrass sublijet ink?
    By hoverbug1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-12-2014, 10:38 AM
  3. sublijet r
    By Milly64 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
  4. Full Set of SubliJet-R Cartridges GXe3300 - OFFER
    By bms in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGrey View Post
    ...lol - loving the way this Thread has gone :)

They may be offering the Black as they don't sell as many Black as the other colours - you all just said it yourselves in so many words.
    LOL Nik... Now you've unleashed my inner geek!!! Here's the scores on the doors. This is a breakdown of the percentage split of total Ricoh cartridge sales since launch.

Black: 24.04%
    Cyan: 25.24%
    Magenta: 25.24%
    Yellow: 25.49%

I have to say the split it closer than I thought it would be. Although it is so marginal in terms of actual numbers of carts sold.

All I can say is... move over Rachel Riley on Countdown :-D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are those sales due to most people buying in sets of 4 regardless of what their needs are?
    Would a breakdown of %ages of just single carts sold (not sets) show a different split?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very similar. Here's the breakdown of cart sales for the Ricoh 7100.

Black: 24.31%
    Cyan: 25.35%
    Magenta: 25%
    Yellow: 25.35%

I guess you could make an argument for the black % being slightly down as a result of the extra ink volume you get in the black cartridge...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    OK, hands up who doesn't want something for nothing? No? lol. Appreciate what folk are saying but a free cart is a free cart! Would be good to have the option what colour you can have though :-) My only concern would be the shelf life for some members who don't get through the ink quickly enough.....does the free cart 'have' to be taken at the time of purchase or could it be redeemed later?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see that it may seem to a relatively new member here that we are all being 'Skeptical' about your kind offer ! It's not that, we just want to get to the 'Nitty Gritty' quickly :)

It seems to me that most of the people interested in the subject matter here (Sub,Vinyl - Vanity) are mostly the same kind of personality so please don't read what we write the wrong way - you will get to know us soon enough :)
    My website is open:

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Personally, I was interested in the sales breakdown just for the sake of my geeky interest for the sake of it.
    I suppose there is the wanting to know the reasoning/story behind the way different companies do business, as we are all in business here too, so different company's sales techniques are interesting in themselves.
    Now, wondering, if there's no difference in the sales of the 4 colours, then why the motivation for only giving away the black carts, and not offering the option of any colour free ... is there is a higher profit margin on them, or some other incentive on the way Sawgrass sell the carts wholesale that makes giving away the black carts a better option for dealers. (I expect this to be a rhetorical question and not to get an answer.)

Whatever, I am happy to see iSub here, as, although we haven't bought from them recently, they were one of our first suppliers years ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no additional incentive to sell black cartridges and no difference in the price that Sawgrass distributors buy the black or CMY cartridges at. We simply asked Sawgrass for an offer to run with our website launch and they proposed the free black cartridge.

As Justin said 'a free cart is a free cart' :-)

Pisquee, we are glad to be here too and will continue to offer excellent prices and deals...

Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Personally, I was interested in the sales breakdown just for the sake of my geeky interest for the sake of it.
    I suppose there is the wanting to know the reasoning/story behind the way different companies do business, as we are all in business here too, so different company's sales techniques are interesting in themselves.
    Now, wondering, if there's no difference in the sales of the 4 colours, then why the motivation for only giving away the black carts, and not offering the option of any colour free ... is there is a higher profit margin on them, or some other incentive on the way Sawgrass sell the carts wholesale that makes giving away the black carts a better option for dealers. (I expect this to be a rhetorical question and not to get an answer.)

Whatever, I am happy to see iSub here, as, although we haven't bought from them recently, they were one of our first suppliers years ago.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insight.