Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Anyone else having issues with MDP?
    By windyash in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 09:31 PM
  2. For Sale HP High Speed Dryer Q6667A - Large Format
    By WePrintForYou in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 11:06 AM
  3. more haste less speed
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  4. speed and PRS ??
    By kris_hm in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 04:26 PM
  5. Epson D120 issues - I have two of them, each with different issues!
    By barryslip in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum speed issues

Was wondering if this was just me, but the past week or so I've had real problems viewing the forum. It looks to me like a MySQL queueing issue, or a DNS issue, as the status bar will read "waiting for dyesubforum.co.uk" for a good thirty seconds or more before actually starting to load the page. With private messages, it's worse. Sometimes I have to force-stop the page from loading then go back to my inbox and try again. The reason I do this is because I'm convinced that it's a MySQL issue as I've seen it happen on busy forums before where so many requests (either from visitors or bots) force the request limit to be reached quickly and so everyone then falls into line behind those who requested first.

Either way, this past week or so has been frustrating as hell when it comes to the forum. It's not a 'net speed issue here either as I'm getting full speed elsewhere and it's not the hops between my PC to the forum's server as it's showing the same route for many of the sites I checked alongside it. It's just REALLY slow most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've not had any problems myself but will check everything out just in case. If anyone else is experiencing similar difficulties please let me know.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not had any issues on forum viewing, posting and pm's, neither have two colleagues at work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had general issues with speed for about a week - rebooted my router many times but I am starting to wonder..

The forum has been relatively good for me though, it has not been slower than other things.

I even fire up 'Firebug' sometimes when things are slow.
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    forum fine with me, must be you!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been out and made a cup of coffee whilst I have been waiting for it to load and I have fibre!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to say that we haven't experienced problems with speed recently. All seems fine to us in terms of page load, posting and general nosey post reading.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum loading fine for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have my hosting company checking everything out just in case but there are no obvious issues. It would be likely to affect all users but obviously isolated problems may happen. If you are having problems please let me know if you're PC/Mac and what browser you're using....oh, and clear your cache! lol.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    forum fine with me, must be you!
    I choose this as the best response....oh, that doesn't work on this type of forum ;-)