Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Potential Sale of Epson Stylus Pro 7600 (sublimation printer)
    By pisquee in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-09-2014, 01:38 AM
  2. Feedback on website
    By Mattie in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 12:21 PM
  3. feedback
    By stuart in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-07-2013, 10:33 PM
  4. Lovecut - Any Feedback ?
    By accdave in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not overly fussed on window or not for me...

I suppose its whether the box will be strong enough to post on its own, or would we have to package the box in something else. If it could be posted on its own then I think with a window as that will allow a delivery note to be packaged inside perhaps.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a picture of a printed one (not the right size) that I can email to you, see what you think. This box is a "gift box" rather than a postal box, in my opinion.
    Kerrie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

email:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PM sent with my email, but you can post on here if you want, that will get you a lot more response from people that know far better than me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming the boxes are not postable then I would say keep away from transparent plastic widows as they will just up the cost of the box, instead you could have one box template made and offer both with and without window but the ones with a window would require the manufacturer add perforations so the widow is punch out. Also if not postable offering a postal solution on par with Subli.co.uk and Subliblanks.com smashproof boxes would help sell the printable boxes.
    A printable and postable box would be the silver bullet but I think you may find that the thickness of a box will likely cause a problem with the printable aspect.
    Last edited by galerion; 14-10-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galerion View Post
    Assuming the boxes are not postable then I would say keep away from transparent plastic widows as they will just up the cost of the box, instead you could have one box template made and offer both with and without window but the ones with a window would require the manufacturer add perforations so the widow is punch out. Also if not postable offering a postal solution on par with Subli.co.uk and Subliblanks.com smashproof boxes would help sell the printable boxes.
    A printable and postable box would be the silver bullet but I think you may find that the thickness of a box will likely cause a problem with the printable aspect.

Hi, I have been looking at a printable gift box. Tested some samples and they print really well.

email:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    without window for my liking :)
    it would give me more area to print on :)

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With or without a window is definitely going to be a personal preference as well as a fashonable thing lots of supermarket foods have recently moved to having a window as consumers are perceiving better quailty by seeing there food in the box.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With or without a window is definitely going to be a personal preference
    I agree but disagree with making a box that has a perforated square. If they were made with no window, it would not be difficult to cut a hole in the box for those that desire a window. Transparency is easy to source, but having a perforated bit would a) restrict where the window is and b) not look good for those that do not want a window.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I agree but disagree with making a box that has a perforated square. If they were made with no window, it would not be difficult to cut a hole in the box for those that desire a window. Transparency is easy to source, but having a perforated bit would a) restrict where the window is and b) not look good for those that do not want a window.
    I wasn't suggesting that they sell 1 box to fit both preferences, I was suggesting 2 box from one template, one with perforations and one without. The perforations would be to make printing easy, you print then pop out the window (not everyone has cutters).
    Last edited by galerion; 14-10-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was suggesting 2 box from one template
    Fair enough, but why not just leave it as one box, and then if you want to cut a window go for it

Ideally I would prefer to see different boxes for different smart phone models instead of window/non window. Just because the better the fit the better the perceived value. That said I seem to remember one cutter was well over £300 and only served about 2000-5000 cuts which means it could be expensive doing it that way.

Suppose we will just have to wait for Kerrie :-)