Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. MDF Coasters
    By ScotTs in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 10:46 AM
  2. 9cm coasters
    By robhil in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 08:36 PM
  3. Coasters
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 15-02-2014, 12:08 PM
  4. new coasters
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    Doing this method with approx 1500-2000 coasters a week. It's a lot of work but there is no other solution. Whenever you find jigs that work 100% consistently give me a shout - so far i have had several built with no joy.
    Would you be willing to share the specs of what didn't work. Would save us some work finding out what you already know ;-)

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that i couldn't get even pressure across the handmade jigs - there was always one coaster which had uneven pressure. Anything made with MDF i would avoid as it will cave in or reshape over time (think steel / metal would be the way to go).

It may also be a good idea not to have a bottom part to the jig for the coasters to sit in, and for the jig to be lower than the depth of the coasters, this means that the jig will not touch the top platen and the coasters will touch the bottom pad of the heat press. To load the coasters into the jig for this, you would need a flat sheet of some sort that will allow you to slide the jig onto the heat press.

If anyone has a successful jig system in place i would love to hear more about your designers - i would need 8 of them in total as due to expand into the new year.

I am more than happy to send you over anyone an illustrator file with a list of axis points for an A4 jig.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubstar View Post
    This thread seems to be a bit heated (might be a heat press pun there somewhere)

I don't think anyone is really accusing or thinking others are lying or making light of the situation. I think we all want to find a solution and lets hope we do.

I replied to the other jig thread regarding developing one. It would be good to get something sorted... Something we all can work on and get results from. I think that's really what sites like this are about, and if not maybe they should be.

Alex.

I, too have posted a possible solution in the other thread Alex.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    It may also be a good idea not to have a bottom part to the jig for the coasters to sit in, and for the jig to be lower than the depth of the coasters, this means that the jig will not touch the top platen and the coasters will touch the bottom pad of the heat press. To load the coasters into the jig for this, you would need a flat sheet of some sort that will allow you to slide the jig onto the heat press.
    That's was what I was thinking after the experience with the Xpres purchased one.

Alex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would literally be a shell - like a 6 pack of beer plastic ringpull :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thought someone was in talks with sublimetal about this ?

would not mind chipin in decent amount for 3/4 jigs..let me know please who want to take this further ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like it back to either bms own make or unisub coasters for our xmas stock
    souljuice guy only has around 1000 left...i cant work with that, as we are staying open this yr right through xmas and new yr, and stock will need replenished after xmas day is over - will need to put up with what we got till we get some sort of work around ;(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    do yer self a favour wee man...jog on
    Aren't you the precious one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the others, you get ready made jigs with the hardboard type coasters which pop out of the A4 sheet. These are supplied as a full A4 set as standard. Might be a quick solution even if it takes a bit of adapting. Have some in work but going in later so will check out if I have a chance.

As for tape marks being left. The right masking tape doesn't do it unless left to cool too much. Problem is, sourcing that masking tape is becoming harder. Trial and error from your local suppliers if often needed as the sticky residue is left with many.

Thirdly, the black backed coasters about do not have a raw finish. These will not have this problem at all but pose a different issue. The white print area is fragile and easily chipped when removing the plastic coating. Need to adapt a technique such as using tape to remove it. Nothing is ever easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The Subli Blacks coasters have a black shiny back, they print ok but snap really easily!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!