PDA

View Full Version : Keyring inserts

Justin
30-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Anyone do the metal keyrings with inserts?

Just done a load and glued the inserts in with decent super glue. Customer has been on to me saying that a few have fallen back out.

I guess it could be the glue but I'd have thought this was ideal. Anyone got a better idea? Just Googling it and found that maybe an epoxy would be better as glueing 2 smooth metal surfaces together isn't easy.

Andrew
31-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I use a decent double sided tape. You usually find that the mirrored surface that you glue the insert to, is taped into the frame itself.

NASH
31-07-2010, 09:36 AM
i`ve been using super glue
no returns as yet

Glen
31-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone do the metal keyrings with inserts?

Just done a load and glued the inserts in with decent super glue. Customer has been on to me saying that a few have fallen back out.

I guess it could be the glue but I'd have thought this was ideal. Anyone got a better idea? Just Googling it and found that maybe an epoxy would be better as glueing 2 smooth metal surfaces together isn't easy.

Give me a pm mate with your postage address as i got a batch of non branded superglue from a local wholesaler and its the best i ever used and way less than half the price of the branded ones...i will pop one in the post for you to try..

Justin
31-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Will do, many thanks Glen

JSR
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I haven't done many but, like Andrew, I use double-sided sticky tape.

The trouble I found with glue is that it either sticks or it doesn't. If it fails, then the insert falls out. If sticky tape fails then it's a slow process because part of it will probably still be stuck.

So far, though, I've had no complaints using sticky tape.

There's also no mess (so no risk of glue being squeezed out around the side of the insert). You also don't have to wait for the tape to dry, as you do with glue, before you pack & ship.