PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why when its a customers own clothing!

Louise
01-08-2010, 04:03 PM
So you dont get any mess ups for months, years even! The some one turns up with their own clothing for you to sew logos on and wham! its sews its self into a mess. Why does it do this? Do you think the machine says " hey she must be really pushed and busy this week sewing on Sunday, lets add to her stress!" :lol:

I managed to undo its efforts to undo my hard work, but I'm far from impressed that it sews fine all week then chooses today to play up :roll: Is it just me this happens to?

Justin
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I've always been wary of taking in customers own garments and prefer to use my own wherever possible.

I've had customers bring in quite expensive designer t-shirts before asking for designs to be pressed on. I always tell them it's at their own risk and mention that I'd be happier have a spare garment to test before going into production.

bms
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I think it' called Sods Law isn't it!

Louise
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I think it' called Sods Law isn't it!
Thats the one!

Yes your right I do say its at your own risk, thankfuly its never been wrecked beyond salvage ...... yet, but you just know that day is around the corner! :lol: still Ive found out where he gets the jackets he wants done so at least if it ever happened I could get another!

I did have a young lad turn up with some fancy jean he wanted embroidering all up the outside leg, I thought no chance! So said I could do it but would need to cut the leg seam open to do, he left. :lol:

Ian M
01-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Louise,

Martin is right when he says it's Sods Law.

Your not on your own as I have had days like that too.

I've just had a rush job for some domed badges that are produced by another company for me. Everything that could have gone wrong with that job went wrong. It was topped off when they put the wrong house number on the parcel. The house they tried to deliver it to were on holiday for 3 weeks in Cuba. I was at the point of thinking about how I could break into their house just to get the card the Post Office had left there.

Makes things just that bit more interesting ;)

Ian

Louise
01-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Louise,

Makes things just that bit more interesting ;)

Ian
Dosn't it just. :D I'm now on to my polos and fleeces for a Lap Dancing bar! Lifes interesting!

Ian M
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm now on to my polos and fleeces for a Lap Dancing bar! Lifes interesting!

Do you need anyone to deliver them? :D ;) :o

Louise
02-08-2010, 11:00 PM
:lol: :lol: Sorry Hubby said its a chore to deliver for customers, but hey someone has too. :lol:

Ian M
02-08-2010, 11:13 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .........love it