PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my heat press

DELLAROSE
01-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a heat press that I bought off ebay from everest-team. It has worked great for 2 years but now the temperature gauge just shows HHH and it doesn't heat up. Can anybody help please. :cry:

Justin
01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Are everest still around to make contact with? I guess that's an error code and may indicate something more specific.

Is there a model number on the press? Do you have a photo you could post (We could see if it's a rebadged model etc.)

DELLAROSE
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I have emailed everest but had no reply. They are still on ebay. The only things I can see on the press are BKC H48s and Fb 3838. There isn't a brand name that I can see. How do I add a picture?

Justin
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
When you click on Reply there's a tab beneath the Post box where you can click to upload attachment.

bms
01-08-2010, 05:34 PM
If possible, can you upload a picture of inside the press where all the wires and bits are? The HHH could be down to a problem with the control board or the display - more likely to the the former. It's possible that these control boards are common across a number of the imported presses so the chances of finding a part might be reasonably good.

Does the press heat up at all or does the display show anything before going to HHH, i.e. rapidly shows increasing numbers then HHH?

DELLAROSE
01-08-2010, 07:40 PM
It showa rapid numbers then HHH but doesn't heat up at all.

bms
01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks, this is a more simple set up than I imagined. There are just 2 parts - a relay and a timer/ controller. The timer/ controller is part with the yellow attachment. This black part should come away from the main timer/ controller - if you are able to remove this part then we may have a spare of this for our older machines we used to sell. If this part does not correct the problem then the fault may be in the heat platen which is a whole different ball game.

DELLAROSE
01-08-2010, 10:41 PM
That would be great if I could try it. :D

bms
01-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Can you remove it and take a couple of pictures (one from the front and one from the back) so we can compare with what we might have available?

DELLAROSE
01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
don't know if this is the right part or not

accdave
01-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I also had similar problems with one of their presses, and the same non-response when asking if they sold parts or offered a repair service. The temparature was all over the place so it's now stuck under a desk at the shop and I bought a new one. I'll watch this thread with interest :D

bms
02-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Almost there! Can you take a picture of the top of that part so we can see the display and buttons - probably from the top of the machine?

DELLAROSE
02-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Here it is

bms
02-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks, I'll have a rummage around in our boxes of spare parts during the day and let you know...

DELLAROSE
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Thank you. Much appreciated.

bms
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
We have something that looks very similar, but not exactly the same. If you want to pm me your address then I'll pop this in the post and see if it works.

bms
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Have popped the part in the post tonight for you. No guarantees, but let us know if it does / doesn't work.

DELLAROSE
02-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Ok will do. Thanks again. :)

DELLAROSE
03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Martin Got the part today and fitted it in but now it just shows 617 instead of HHH. Don't know what to do now

bms
04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
That's a shame. I think your only option now is through the original supplier (or another supplier that resells/ supports those machines). We carry spare parts for all our machines so the supplier of your machine should do the same. If not then you might be able to get an electrician to look at the machine, but if the heat platen has failed then this will (a) be expensive to replace and (b) will have to come from the supplier of the machine.

DELLAROSE
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Thank you very very much for your help. I wish we could have sorted it. Emailed the seller but had no reply. Guess I'll have to give it up as a bad job. Anyone want to buy a broken press LOL. :lol:

bms
04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Are they an ebay seller? If so - can you post a link to them. If several of the DSF members send them questions via their ebay sale, possibly one of us will get an answer - power to the people (if it works) :)

DELLAROSE
04-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Yes they are on Ebay. Everest-team if anybody knows of them. I have seen other things for sale from them lately like mousemats but no presses at the moment. Thank you to everyone for help and advice. :)

Justin
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Anita, I've attempted to make contact with Everest through eBay. I've invited them onto the DSF so that they have the chance to offer the help you need directly. I've also offered to put you directly in touch if they prefer.

I'll keep you updated as and when they respond.

DELLAROSE
05-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks Justin. Maybe someone will get a responce. Have you heard of a company called SUBLIMAGIC? They have a heat press on there I am interested in.

Kaz
05-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I've got their 10 in 1 heat press, it's alright, nothing special, does the job.

The timer only workd on the main heat plate though, it doesn't work on the mug press/cap press etc, which is a PITA as I've then got to set the timer or try and remember when I put it in :lol:

Justin
05-08-2010, 01:19 PM
My advice would be to try and get something a little better from a well known supplier that will give you the warranty and support. As the main tool in your business it's imperative that it is kept working as much as possible. Any down time is lost business.

My Adkins blew a fuse a couple of weeks back and I had no spares in. Took a few days to get some through. Sods law I had a customer wanting a T-Shirt on the day it went down. I have a spare press that I imported from China. This press is really good for what I paid but doesn't do T-Shirts easily.

You really do get what you pay for I'm afraid and most of the presses I see on eBay are just overpriced Chinese imports. If you're going to take that risk you may as well import yourself along with a few spare parts! ;)

DELLAROSE
19-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I gave up on repairing the heat press and have thrown it out.
Thank you everyone for your help. :)